My cat's tumors went away.
I took my 13-year-old cat to a vet when, within several weeks' time, the lower part of her body grew large and hard. She looked as if she were expecting a litter any moment. (Normally, Rima is a very slender girl.)  Rima still had an enormous appetite. The vet took an X-ray that showed tumors that appeared to be in her liver area. She has had problems with her liver in the past and was treated with Ursodiol. I should also add that her heart, lung, and other organs seemed fine. The vet also did a blood test to check her liver, found the count high, and again prescribed Ursodiol. However, the vet gave me a negative prognosis and discussed the possibility of euthanasia when the time came.  Shortly thereafter, I got a copy of Rima's medical records and consulted with another vet for a second opinion. The new vet told me that Rima had a very aggressive tumor and the new vet was surprised she looked as aware and as good as she did, considering. Again, I was told to prepare myself for the worst. That second vet visit was five weeks ago. Over the past few weeks, Rima's tumors have gone away completely (as far as I can see) and she is her active, slender self again. Where have the tumors gone? I don't know. They seemed to go as quickly as they came. The one thing I noticed was that her urination became excessive, and by the gigantic clumps of litter, it seemed like a drunken sailor was sharing her litter box. It appears that the tumors somehow dissolved and left her body in her urine. I am now looking forward to many happy years with Rima. Can anyone explain what happened? Until I know differently, I'm regarding her as a miracle cat.
well that is all very interesting outcome isn't it. Ursodial is able to dissolve certain types of bladder stones, so I'm wondering if the xray was incorrect in diagnosing a tumor when it was a bladder stone all along? I will send you some info on this drug.
I would certainly speak with your vet regarding the huge increase in urine output...that could be dangerous and can also be a sign of diabetes...don't know if its the drug that is causing this but if so get instructions on whether to discontinue or not. best of continued luck and a long life to dear Rima♥

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Ursodiol-prod10679.html

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_ursodiol.html
Take her back to the vet, of course, and show him what has happened.  He might be able to look up the research and come up with an explanation.
Thanks for your responses and for the links. Rima's urine amount is nearly back to normal. She only had large amounts of urine at the same time that the tumors were going away. The tumors had to break down and go somewhere. That's why I suspect they dissolved into the urine and left Rima's body. TWO excellent vets diagnosed tumors based upon the X-ray. I was shown the X-ray, and the area was much too large to be a bladder stone. All the organs in her lower body were covered by it. After I run out of my Ursodiol refill, I'll take Rima back to a vet for more blood work re: her liver to see if I should cease this treatment or continue with it or substitute something else. (One pertinent thing I learned online was that cancerous tumors generally start in other organs and ultimately spread to the liver. This did not appear to be the case with Rima, whose other organs were in great shape.  However, benign tumors CAN start with the liver, although these tumors were certainly aggressive even if benign.)_