My kittens rumble stomach
I have two kittens, one male and one female (brother and sister). They were born on a farm and were took from there mother at about 8/9 weeks and I got them from a friend who takes in ferrel cats at about 10 weeks old. They are about 5 months now.

Ever since I got my male kitten I have noticed that every so often he gets a really gurgly stomach. When they have been to the vets for vaccination's I have mentioned it and they have said its probably gas but surly gas would go away?
He sometimes has runny poo's as well but not necessary when he has a grumbly stomach and he is the only one of the two who has been sick. I think hes been sick about 4 times since we got him in September, but one day when he was sick twice I did notice him eating a spider the night before.
I have also noticed, and I don't know if this is of any significance, but when the two are sleeping, or really relaxed, my male seems to breath heavier than my female and faster, it doesn't seem strained but its not as relaxed, again when I have mentioned this at the vets they have listened to his heart and chest and said that is seems fine.
They were wormed as kittens by the person who took them in and I wormed them once again about 3 months ago. They do not go outside yet as we want them neutering first.

I hope you can give me some reassurance.
Thank you.
First, what kind of food are you feeding them?   Are you allowing  Free-feeding, meaning food and water is availble 24/7.

If you are not free-feeding.  Try it.

Also the type of food you feed them may need to change?
I feed them wet canned food 3 times a day, they get about 3/4 of a can a day between them and they also have access to dry biscuits and fresh water all day.
It could just be a gurgly stomach, but I am concerned with the episodes of diahrea.  

Try NOT feeding them the moist cat food 3x a day...  just either in the morning or for lunch...  1 serv a day.  If it is still happening after a week, take away the canned food for a few weeks.

You may have to change brands of cat food altogether.  I don't know too many ppl that feed moist cat food more than once a day, unless the cat is on a special diet.

I don't feed my cats canned cat food anymore because my youngest cat had the same problem.  I give them tuna or canned chicken.  But this is not everyday.  They have to stick to their dry kibbles mostly because it has all the nutrition that they need, including fiber and also help to push out fur balls.

I am not saying you can't give them canned food at all, just cut it down to once a day to start, and if things still are not back normal cut it out completely.

Btw, there is nothing wrong with cooking for your cats  e.g. you cook a burger for yourself , just brown up some burger for them too...but not too much.
Ok, thank you.