Cats Community
My kitty has a red and swollen butt

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

My kitty has a red and swollen butt

I have adopted a kitten, I think she is about a month old. Recently I have noticed that her anus area is red and swollen, and she seems to have trouble sitting comfortably. I have another kitten who I adopted at the same time (I think they might be siblings but can't be sure) who is about the same age. They eat the same food and use the same litter box, but the other one is not having the same problems. My problem is, I am currently living in small city in China and have no access to a vet. Is there anything that I can personally do for my kitten?
a kitten of only a month old is way too young to be away from its mother and nursing.....they also at this young age need their mommies to lick under their tails to stimulate the bowel in order to have bowel movements, so perhaps the kitten is constipated...you will need to use a damp warm cloth(like mommy tongue) and gently wipe the area under her tail to help her go poop..

what are you feeding? kittens this age need a milk replacement formula...and for sure need to be on a wet diet b/c they aren't drinking enough and when dehydrated their poop will be hard and difficult to pass.
I am thinking this is what the problems are. I will give you a link the a thread of another very similar post recently, please click on the link below and read it all....post again if we can help.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Cats/Kitty-with-anus-trouble/show/1802194