Cats Community
My kitty keeps getting sick..PLEASE HELP!

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

I am worried about my cat.About a month ago she started rolling around on her stomach and whining, I thought maybe she was going into heat and gave her some baby tylenol and it seemed to work. So this month when she did it again I did the same thing, thinking it would work. Also, you should know she has always been very picky about what kind of cat food she'll eat. We normally give her Meow Mix and she loves it. I am pregnant so my husband has been really taking care of her rather than me. He left a huge tub with the entire bag of cat food in it ( about a 5 pd bag) and she has just been eating out of that what she wants for about 3 weeks. About a week ago ( this is also about the time she was rolling around on her stomache and whining) she started throwing up piles and piles of throw up. I tried giving her peptobismol but all that did was make it watery. So I took her food away and gave her a different kind of food (canned) and it seemed to help, she gobbled it right up but I only think it was because she was starving,like I said she is very picky  and she was able to keep it down!. Today I fed her some tuna and she threw it up again, why is she getting so sick? My baby is due in March I cant afford to take her to a vet and pay for a bunch of tests, please help!!!
You really can't give many human meds to kitties.  Many of them are highly toxic....including tylenol.  The tylenol causes kidney failure, which causes vomiting.  Your cat really needs to see a vet, and if you can't afford one, then you should honestly think about doing the right thing and finding your cat a new home.  The cat deserves good medical care, too.  I'm sure you feel the same way about your baby.
I definatly do feel that way about my precious kitty but do you really think it could be something that serious especially since it just started?
ZQ is right. Kitty must see a vet. This is an ongoing problem. It isn't just something that happened once. Your cat may be in a lot of pain and discomfort. Please take her in, and have her assessed. At least then you'll know what the problem is and what you can do from home to take care of her. Talk to the vet. Tell them you are pregnant and are on a budget. Maybe they will give you options. But please take your animal in. A cat rolling around like that is never a good sign. It's a sign of pain!

Good Luck.
zodiac has some good advice, I would also like to add I think Kitty is eating away too much food than throwing it up, there are many better foods for her than meow mix. do you have an actual pet store handy where they have better foods for her other than grocerystore brands?
also do not put all that food out at once please....a cup full a day or as bag suggests is a good guidance, usually a small amount in the morning and again in evening.
do not give her tylenol or any other medications.
can also benefit from some hairball remedy also avail at a good pet store even a Walmart.
please let us know how she is doing and what steps you are taking, it would be very helpful to have a check up from a Vet too...a check up doesn't necessarily lead to costly tests.
Thanks for the comments. I called the vet and they said to get her a special food for sensitive stomaches I fed her that tonight and so far so good. I do want to clarify that this is NOT something that has been going on long. I think when she was rolling around whining she IS going into heat...it is about that time and thats all I can figure.
Oh, I understood, from what you posted, that this issue has been going on since last month. If, what happened last month was kitty going into heat then I will also be hoping it is nothing serious. Just heat. But, if this issue is something different, then a month or two is way too long to let this happen. From my own experience, my cat almost died because it took me about a month to take him in just thinking it was nothing and that he would be ok. He almost died! I would not relax on this. If, after the new food she still has issues I would do the right thing. Not being able to keep the food down means she isn't getting the nutrients she needs to be healthy. A great number of problems comes as a consequence of not getting food, including liver issues. Treatment for that is super expensive!

Good luck with your pregnancy. I am pregnant too. I know the stress involved when you are pregnant with a sick cat. And I know all about the budget issue with a baby coming along...............AND a sick cat. So good luck, and I will be keeping my fingers crossed so she can finally get better.
sorry I should have made that more clear the rolling around happened once last month and went away then it happend again about a week ago and she threw up a couple of days later. It must have been the food. I guess she has a sensitive stomach because now she is fine she was able to hold the food down and I am so glad cause I can't imagine having to give up my sweet cat, she is part of the family.Thank you again for your comment and good luck with your pregnancy and yes, keep your fingers crossed that the food was the problem.
I also think your cat is in heat, especially after you said that this happened once last month, too.  But, please promise me that you won't give any more over the counter human meds to your cat!!!  Some are okay, but I'd ask the vet first.  The tylenol is one of the absolute worst ones.  I almost lost a cat to one single dose of it!  Google it and see for yourself.
Hi!!  I am glad your kitty is doing better after switching foods.  I had a similar problem with my 10 year old male cat just a few months ago.  Usually by the time a cat is showing symptoms there is already something going on and they need help.  My cat ended up being diagnosed with pancreatitis and was switched to a diet for sensitive tummies.  Also cats can have IBS just like people.  If you think your cat has IBS or pancreatitis NEVER give furball medicine as that can lead to another attack.  Good luck with your babies with and without fur.  ;-)