Nearly 2 year old neutered short hair male Indoor Only cat (we rescued as very ill 2 month old Outdoor foundling kitten when he wandered up from local Creek). Strong possibility was at least half feral due to many feral cats in our rural area. Had severe eye, ear, bronchial infections, mouth ulcers, and rampant ringworm. Negative for feline HIV or feline leukemia when tested. Spent small fortune to make well. Discovered 9 months ago he has habit like a toddler of consuming random **** including eating packing tape off boxes. Took a week of Vet prescribed Pepcid AC and a month of soft foods to heal inner lacerations from vomiting it up. Aprox 6 days ago began furball style constant retching. Some vomiting, contained food. No diarreah (diarrhea), no constipation. Usually pees a ton, noticed some decrease. Treated with Kittymalt for 3 days to treat suspected furball. Did not help. Over next 2 days (weekend, Vet not open) retching continued. Noticed food intake decreased sharply. Is usually a glutton. Also is usually extremely high energy, but only wanted to sleep. Vomited clear mucas fluid, then yellow fluid (bile?), then plain clear fluid. Also noticed he acted thirsty (asked for fresh water) but refused to drink it. Coaxed him to drink dozen laps of milk, couple bites of favorite people tuna (not cat food). Today (day 6) vomited half-dollar size white foam. Refused tuna, drank only few laps of milk. Called Vet when open, no appointments available. Took to a local Animal Hospital. Vet noticed couple of ulcers in mouth. Lymph nodes slightly swollen. Temperature normal. Ran Blood Panel and CBC. Everything normal: no dehydration, no liver, kidney, diabetes, pancreas, etc., or similar issues. Vet puzzled. Suspicious perhaps again swallowed/ate something inedible that has not/cannot pass. Did X-ray, negative. Vet prescribed Nutrical paste and water administered with dropper to be given tonight at home. Wanted our return tomorrow for Barium and possible surgery to rule out blockage/obstruction, but cost is prohibitive. Vet made me sign waiver stating my refusal of procedure against her better judgment. Feel horrible but do not have thousands at our disposal. Have been crying all afternoon, am worried sick. He did lick 2 tsp of Nutrical and let me administer squirts of water with dropper but still retching. Got perkier for very short time, now just sleeping again. No vomit as of yet but has only been a couple of hours. Do symptoms sound like an obstruction? Or inflammation of some sort?
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.