Neutered Cat Acting Like He is In Heat
Hello! We have a neutered male cat who is about 7 years old. He is acting like he is in Heat. He is yelling like he used to do when he was in heat, wanting outside really bad (not for grass either...he actually broke out the basement window and got out the other day - we have it boarded up now and he is not allowed down there).  He is also spraying!!!! He was at the Vet's Office not long ago and was in good condition...no signs of anything being wrong (by exam and blood work - check up). However, this just began over the weekend. It is very strange. Any ideas why he would be doing this? There are other cats outside living between our house and the neighbors.  We feed them. Cats seem to find our house (they must talk to each other and let each other know we are nice and will feed them, even if we go broke).

Thanks ahead of time.
Hi, in my opinion, I'd say take him to the vet because this is unusual for a male fixed 7 yr old cat to suddenly be in "heat" again.  My gut feeling tells me that this could be a urine crystal problem.  These can be very serious if they actually block the flow of urine.  Have you noticed any straining or fussing when he uses the litter box?  If not, watch him closely when he goes in there.

Even if you don't notice anything unusual behavior in the litter box, I would take him to the vet anyway, since this is unusual behavior for him  The vet will take a urine sample and you'll find out what's going on.

Good luck!  =)
Some male cats will act this way if there are other cats outside.  Just because he has been fixed does not mean that he has forgotten the behavior.
Thanks, yeh, he is acting normal otherwise. Last time we took him to the vet just weeks ago, he was fine.  He is using the litter box just fine and everything else. We had one cat that did have a urinary issue about 2 years ago and had to stay at the vet overnight.

Anyway, there are 3 or 4 cats out there between our houses and he is wanting out there really bad. He sees them and yells and yells.