Cats Community
New "Pet Grief Support - "In Memory of Our Pets"

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

5583184?1271541426

I would like to extend a personal invitation to a new group (forum) called "Pet Grief Support - "In Memory of Our Pet", which I felt was necessary for people who have experienced the loss of a beloved pet.

On February 01, 2001, my life was suddenly and unexpectedly changed forever when I loss my most beloved 10 yr. old furbaby rottweiler Toby to a sudden heart attack. I had Toby since he was only six weeks old and he was more than just a dog, he was my special boy and a hugh part of my family.

When he died, a part of me died with him and the pain, grief and sorrow that I experienced was life changing, so I have just created a very special forum (group) for people who have loved and loss a beloved pet and are in need of support and to share their story with others who have loved and loss a beloved pet.

Only someone who has loved and loss a furbaby can understand the pain, grief and  sorrow that is experienced, so I dedicated this very special group to all our beloved furbaby  (cat, dogs, birds, horses, all beloved creatures) that taught us what true unconditional love is and have crossed over to the otherside called Rainbow Bridge.  All are invited if only to give support to someone who has loved and loss a beloved pet. Thank you! Judy

p.s. to join go to "Popular Groups" on the bottom right hand side and look or type
"Pet Grief Support - "In Memory of Our Pet"
thank you Judy, that is an excellent idea. I'm sure everyone here has lost a beloved friend already or will sometime in the future...to have others to talk it over with can be a wonderful help!!
Judy, what an awesome idea, and MUCH needed!

Thanks for the invite.....this forum will help so many people!
You are all so welcome and only someone who has loved and loss a beloved pet and understand the pain, grief and sorrow that is experiened and thought it would be a good idea for people to have a safe place to say, I'm hurting, grieving and devistated. All are welcome to join! Hugs, Judy
Thank you, Judy, for doing this. In some ways I feel MH has too many communities but this one is a much needed one and I thank you for starting this.
Thursday will be one year to the day that I lost my Willow. It's hard to believe it's been a year already. I'm sure I'll be really thinking of him that day. God bless you, Judy for putting this together.
I'm so sorry for the loss of Willow and we mourn our beloved pets, because they were a huge part of our family. First anniversaries are very difficult also. Please feel free to post on the new forum and you are also welcome to share your experience with others who have just loss their furbaby. Hugs, Judy

p.s. we definately needed this special place to honor and remember our furbabies that taught us what true unconditional love is.
We sure do mourn our pets when they are gone.

Judy, I lost my Belgian Shepherd, Shilka, to poisoning. She wasn't an outside dog but someone threw poisoned meat into our yard and she ate it, and died from internal bleeding. I watched her die, and her pups inside of her. Yes she was pregnant. It has been over 10 years since, and I can still see her, and remember every minute I spent with her, and wish I had given her more attention and love. She was a good girl.

I almost lost my beloved kitty Abby to a serious illness, Feline Hepatic Lipidosis. The vets didn't give me any hope. I fought alongside him. We made it through, somehow; but I'll never forget how I lived those days we were treating him, when I was spending time with him as if that day was the last day I'd see him. Sometimes I think he will not last long enough, as he is always so sick. But I'm trying to enjoy him as much as possible. He is naturally a sick kitty.

This is why I think the new community will help a ot of people vent and get all of those sad feelings out, and share them with others who are going (or have been) through the same things.

Thank You!

My most sincere condolences for the passing of your Toby.
Thank you so much and yes it was a need that made me take action, also my sister who is a doctor's Dobbie was poisoned and she was so traumatized by the incident that she literally sold her house and move from the neighborhood. She refused to "gang" members to hang out in front of her house or in any corner street and made the mistake of crossing words with a few. They poisoned Dobbie who was also in the back yard. She and I have never been able to get pets again, because we just don't want to go through that again, but I'm warming up to the idea to one day open my heart and home to a new dog and will consider shelters.

Thank you for sharing and this is what I would like to see in my new group, so please join and be the first few new members to get the group going. God bless....Judy
Hello Judy and everyone whom has lost there furry family member.

Yesterday evening about 5:30 July 25 2011 I texted my mom to let her know I'd be leaving an hour early from work, suddenly she called very upset and crying hysterically. She then gave me the new that about our beloved 10 year old black lab/mix Mojo had suddenly passed away. The thing to know is that my family for about 15 years was in danger from my moms second husband and without any training like a sixth sense Mojo knew to protect against all men. He knew to keep my sisters and I from answering the door from danger. My second to youngest sister was such a heavy sleeper she wet the bed and he would wake her up. We had to move a lot but when mojo was almost 3 months old we had to move suddenly and an old friend offered to watch him until we came back in a couple weeks. When we came back the woman attacked my mom, long story short we had to leave him for a couple months until we got a vehicle to drive back, when we did I walked right up to the womans back patio of her apartment and used my secret whistle that I had taught him suddenly this huge black dog appeared and I fell to my knees seeing how big he was his eyes light up and when I said mojo he leaped over the fence and into my arms. We had him ever since that. The thing to know about Mojo is that he was our protector, our brother figure, father figure, and of course our familys best friend. Our family just can't believe he is gone. He was in great health, he loved jumping fences and driving animal control up the wall. He was the smartest pain in the butt we could ever ask for. He could get captured and escape doggie jail because he knew he had to be there when the girls got off the school bus. Eventually animal control just let him be and our neighbors, actually felt safer having him roam the neighborhood. He stopped multiple break ins, saved one womans life who had fallen in her yard of a sudden stroke. So for a possible stroke to have taken him its just so hard to believe. Something had spooked him the night before and he managed to do gives us his one last protection, I don't know what he went after but he didn't like it and I feel as if maybe he sent himself into the stroke but that day he was playing and barking then 45 minutes later he was leaving us. His true owner is my second to youngest sister and we knew he wouldn't go until he seen her, but with her being 5 to 6 months pregnant and Mojo being her everything we worried for her stress and safety of her little girl. When he heard her ask what was going on he attempted to get up but that was his end, we know now he got what he wanted in the end, just like usual. He got the last bite of every meal. He had just turned 10 June 15th.  I could write forever but I just
can't fight the tears anymore.

Thank you for reading,
  Thank you Mojo-jojo you wonderful piece of art. R.I.P.
Mojo - June 15, 2002 - July 25,2011 you will never be forgotten or replaced.