Cats Community
PRAYERS for all the SICK or INJURED KITTIES

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

We have many ill or hurt little tykes right now, lets all send some good vibes their way and please if I have missed anyone PLEASE add his or her name to the list.
♥Opus

-Zena
-Dasappan
-Jade
-Waldo
-Esmeralda
-Bonnie
-Francoise's kitty
-Pisces's kitty
-MIsha

Tags: kitty, prayer
Good vibes and prayers sent !
Please add Ezmeralda, sent good vibes her way for tomorrow she gets her labs retested !
DUHH! sorry didn't see her name, need to put on my glasses ! Thanks..
Wonderful idea, Opus....sending my prayers to them all.
Sweet post, Opus.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all.  A blanket prayer to all sick kitties and their wonderful loving owners.  

I think we can cross Jade off the list for now.  Doing well with Lysine on food and Acyclovir in eyes.

Will add 29sillygirl's kitty Shadow to the list.  Poor baby has herpes, too.  
Hope mine are all doing ok...haven't seen them in 2 wks.  I always tend to worry but this time my daughter has been dealing with her own health issues and I only hop her husband is being attentive and checking on them and the dogs as well.  We are heading home today...will spend the night on the road....then on home tomorrow.  Would everybody say a little prayer that they are all ok.  Thanks ;)
SAfe trip home Linda!!!!.......

Yea... that Jade is better....but we have to add little Shadow to our prayers.
and
RIP dear Zena.
Thank you , opus.  Happy for Jade! :)   Shadow will be in my prayers.  Didn't know that Zena had passed away.
Sending up prayers for your babies, Linda.  And a safe trip home.  

I can just see it.  You pull up to the house and don't do a thing until you've got a head count and have pet each and every one :)
Too many kids suffering, poor ones :(
As well as their cat's moms,for sure.
A few days not checking the forum carefully and seems like almost all my friends have sick cats...
I always pray for all sick animals in the night, when I do this for mines, but if someone needs extra help,I do hope s/he can get it soon
Hugs!
Thanks, Jade...we are on the road as I write this...can't write much because there are so many dead areas along the way.  Yes, I pray too that mine are all ok.  And I always do a head count and can't rest easy until all are present and accounted for. ;)  TTYL, Linda
What a thoughtful caring post this is......My thoughts and prayers go out to all.      sara
Meant to thank y'all for the prayers for Jade.  They're working!! :)

Only in the cat community!   Thanks for all the loving prayers and thoughts.  I think of all the kitties and their owners each day.  You may be home by now Linda....it will be good to get back to normal.

So glad Jade is doing well.  She is such a darling girl and has been through so much.

Shadow is sleeping by my side as I write this.  His eyes looking bright again and he only sneezes occasionally.  The drops work.  I don't stress over the process anymore; give them once a day.  We see his vet on Monday: will ask about Lysine. Think I should get him tested for feline leukemia; don't quite trust animal services assessment.

I went through what I hope will be the last miserable test needed to check on cancer recurrence today.  Shadow was my constant companion through the nasty prep yesterday. Sometimes I get that feeling that he was sent to me.  Odd that...but you all know what I mean.  
Yikes.  Just wiped his eyes, and pulled  a long white mucusy string out of each ...tell me this is the effect of drops on his conjunctivitis!
Aw...I do know what you mean about Shadow being sent to you.  Glad you're done with those awful tests.  Pray everything comes out negative!

Hmm...the white mucusy string I can't say what that is, but since his eyes are looking better to you (it's that glassy look, isn't it,) try not to worry and make a note to ask your vet next time you go.  A good idea to ask for leukemia test.  I'm a little surprised your vet didn't do that right off the bat seeing as you got Shadow from a shelter.  I can't remember now since it's been over 4yrs, but seems my vet did a couple tests...oh, like FIV (AIDS) initially.  

The Lysine your vet can order.  Comes either in powder (I think) and gel, which is what we have.  Jade does tend to vomit it unless I put the 1/4tsp in an entire can of food, but it does taste good and maybe Shadow would lick it off a spoon since 1/4tsp isn't much.  
I would like to add ZQ's little girl, Skunky to the list.  ZQ doesn't talk about her, but I have a feeling this little kitty could use some deep prayers.  
Thanks....that is so sweet Jade!  My Skunkie is doing fine.......I'm the freaking mess and I could use the deep prayers myself.  My life is a *^$#@ mess right now!
Jade, thanks for the info.  I'll ask for the gel when we visit vet on Monday.  My daughter in law says her sister has a kitty with herpes and she puts something on her paw to lick.  Also, like Jade, she rarely has difficulties with secondary infections.

Re: the test.  He was checked for it....or so the papers from Animal Services said.  Not sure this is fact, but my sis said her kitty, Honda, tested negative after they rescued him......and positive a few months later?!

Honda came into her life when he hopped a ride underneath their car after they left church:) one morning two years ago.
He had apparently been scrounging a living in or near a dumpster .  He is thriving after an initial flurry of flare ups.  

ZQ......you got the prayers.   A cuddle with Skunkie might offer relief from stressors???

You know how to get ahold of me girl.....I have strong shoulders.        sara
All my love hugs and prayers to all the sick cats! :-D
my cats have always given me so much love would do anythin
to be able to have one again but my wife HATES them...
so wots a guy to do....

much love
Oh....that's sad, chuggy :(    Maybe y'all could work out a compromise?  
Lost Ezmeralda last night about 11:00 PM..
We really don't have an explanation , she really took a turn for the worst when she got , what the vet thought a UTI..
"Thanks for sharing your life with us, you were a true companion and friend and you will be deeply missed my sweet girl"..
RIP
OMG Donna, what a shock!!!!!! Oh I am so very very sorry to hear this, oh you must be in total shock. Poor little girl she was doing so well and had struggled so hard to stay with you....
I send you my deepest condolences dear  and a safe journey to our little Ezmeralda on her way to meet everyone on the rainbow bridge................she know how much you loved her and tried your absolute best for her, she will always be there in your heart.
RIP dear Ezmeralda...we will all say a prayer for you both

♥Opus
Thank you so much..
Yes, I thought she was doing better but a few nights ago she threw up a few times and then I woke up at 2:00 am and went to check on her and she was laying upstairs basically weak and lethargic.Took her to emergency vet 30 minutes away and she was checked over and while we were there she seemed to come out of it. Vet could not find anything wrong with her(said she was not dehydrated) at the time but next day she had not used the litter box(urinate) and we took her to our new vet and she was given fluids, her kidney values came down, vet did an x-ray, nothing, electrolytes were all in normal range except potassium had dropped somewhat so she was given a potassium supplement and nutrical, etc..
Brought her home, still very weak, seemed like she was in pain, did not want to be picked up, handled, moved, etc..
About 10:00 Pm noticed her breathing was fast, became labored and we stayed with her till she passed on about 45 minutes later..Even if we could have gotten her to emergency clinic I know there would have been nothing they could have done, I have seen this with my other cat.
Vet told us she could find no physical reason as to why she would not stand up and why she seemed to be in pain.
I look back and I truly believe something else was going on with her besides the renal failure,she favored laying on one side and would slowly circle and very gently lay down.
I told this to the vet but like she said the x-ray did not show anything but x-rays often do not  and perhaps if a sonogram was available it may have .
Yes, I am truly heartbroken and I know, you know exactly how I feel and only true animal lovers who think of their pets like a family member would.
It is going to be a while before I can compose myself, speak of her without balling my eyes out I am afraid..House seems so empty now and I truly miss my little girl..
My girls are still throwing up fur balls - they did  it once one week after the appointment -and today morning...And I messed up something by the time I gave them their night ranitidina pills so I dont know if one took 2 and another none, they spiled the pills. Vet said its not dangerous but at this moment both are without,she told me to give them again just at night...
And I have to be thankful, cos my burden is lighter since no one died or is dying here.
Hugs, friends! Be in peace!
Oh what a beautiful and thoughtful thing... to offer up prayers to all the sick furry babies here on the cat forum. I am sending up tons of prayers right now for all the precious kitties on here. I do know that prayers work. You all prayed for Hissie and me many times.Then in the end, your alls prayers and love, helped me, to help Hissie peacefully cross the Rainbow Bridge. You all were my strength more than you can ever imagine.

So God love all the much loved kitties on here and their humans. God certainly watches over them all. God Bless.
Oh Lynn please excuse me for missing dear Hissie's name on the top of the post....I should have had her there too....but yes she was included in our prayers as are all the little ones that were or were not mentioned, they are all so special to us.
You are so right that God watches over and loves all the little animals in this world....we are blessed to have them with us for just  a little while!

Donna....I hope you are feeling a bit better tonight, you were right to just keep her home and hold her saving her the trauma of another Vet visit..
It is such a deep void in our lives after caring for and loving our babies for so many years...it takes time, the memories never leave they just become happier ones.
I'm really wondering if Ezmeralda didn't go into CHF? as so often happens with CRF kitties, but strange the Vets wouldn't have found that?...not that they could have probably done anything by that time.
I believe thats what took my Opus in the end too...and much the same symptoms. he had been doing ok...just slowing down the last month of his 3 yr battle with high b/p and CRF..good appetite and all until one morning he wouldn't eat and was having problems walking....his breathing beside me all night was laboured and I prayed so hard that he would just go in his sleep beside me.......but no he fought on, we layed together all night both awake, I told him how much I loved him and how much I wanted to keep him with me....but I also told him he had fought long and hard and I could tell he was tired and was just hanging on for my sake!!!  
in the morning I called my Vet to please come over and put him down gently.....it was such a hard painful decision I don't know when I've ever cried so much or so hard...but it was the right one, by the time my Vet got here Opus could barely stand.
I held him tightly as he slipped away so peacefully.
I know as everyone else here on the forum knows how painful this is, they are our children our friends they love us so unconditionally, thats why they trust us to do the right thing for them in the end and hold them forever in our hearts.♥
Gently journey little ones♥
Exactly.. She was so weak, too weak to even stand and make it to her litter box so I bought Puppy training pads , put them under her. She seemed to be in pain, not wanting to be moved, helped up, she would cry..
When we brought her home from vet I put her in her bed on the living room floor and we laid beside her saying basically the same thing you did to Opus.
I told her to fight, don't leave us but if she had to, we understood and it was ok.
We told her how much we loved her, what good times we had .
We prayed that if it was her time to go that God would be merciful and make it quick and painless, which she did pass within the hour.

There is nothing more heartbreaking, as you said, they are our children, they have been there for us through the good times and the bad, giving unconditional love..
I really don't know for sure, how old Ez was, I found her in 1997, vet guessing she was 1-2 years old, but who knows, I just knew she was not old and she was not a kitten either.

Do you or any of the other people here dream of your pets that have journeyed on ?
I still have dreams every once in a while about my Buddy Joe(cocker spaniel), Marlow my cat and Rikki my ferret , they are all healthy .
I wonder if this is their way of telling us they are ok, not to worry and they haven't forgotten us either...
Thanks for all your support and kindness..and Yes, feeling a little better but since she was my only pet, it is quite lonely and seems very empty right now.
My deepest sympathy to you on the passing of Ezmeralda.  It seemed she was coming along so well with your amazing care and attention to her needs.  I've been watching your posts for several months and had such great hope for your girl.  

Again, I'm so deeply sorry for your loss and sending hugs to you at this sad time.  
I add my deepest sympathy to all the rest.  So sorry your girl had to leave.  When Bruno died 4 days before one of my sons was murdered I didn't think I would make it.  Frankly since my guy was basically an outside cat like my son, I didn't realize the huge hole he would leave in my heart and small apt.

Honey, you gave your girl the very best of care .....in time, you may have another kit sent your way.  I know God doesn't want us lonely and sad for long.....my kitten, Shadow is a handful compared to Bruno, but he is a 6 month old kitten ....and I am so thankful that he is a part of my life.   Take your time.  Know the grieving process takes awhile.  Hugs.  
Thanks to you all for your kind words .
I took alot of the canned foods to our local animal shelter(Taps, no kill shelter) today and donated some money to help out the animals..
I am thinking about volunteering there .
While we were there today I saw two cats that looked exactly like my Ezmeralda but no cat will ever replace her, she was one special cat.