Cats Community
Qustion for ones that already had home born kittens

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

When  Loreena's babies came - A REAALY LONG TIME AGO... I was surprised by the fact ALL KEEPING COMPLETLY CLEAR!
I knew cats clean their babies and themselves, eat the stuff etc, but I was expecting at least some blood remaining
Nope - no blood on towels nor in the cardboard.She could not clean spots on those after.
Is this common?
Does your cat maternity box was as new after the delivery ?
Tags: Pregnancy
hi Apple....nice to hear from you, its been a long long time since I had kittens at home, like 32 years!!!!
but I certainly don't remember any blood or mess of any kind on the towels or bedding...perfectly clean.
I can even remember others talking of cats giving birth on top of their bed and no damage done to the bed cover....
hard to imagine why there wouldn't be blood isn't it......♥
I asked that 'cos sometimes I read people wishing info about when can can clean the stuff, change boxes or so...
Some even want to bath the new mother !!! ( of couse they are exceptions)
Never had any of those needs - the box they had that day, they had till the day everybody grow up and run away
The secretions of birth are quite sterile, so even if there is some blood or amniotic fluid that escapes the mother cleaning it as it comes out, it doesn't hurt the kitties for it to remain there.  The mom would move the litter if it did.  

Last time I had a litter of kittens at home, there was very little blood or fluid.  The time before, a little bit but no big deal.

It makes sense that if it made a big mess when a cat had kittens, by now there would not be cats in the world today.  The predators would have gotten them all long before the species even had a chance to develop.