Rabies??? please respond ASAP Please!!!!!!!!
hey im 17 years old and i have mild anxiety. about 2 months to 3 months ago i got a tiny scratch on my wrist from a neighborhood cat that my family and I adopted that used to always walk around the neighborhood. it used to be an old friends cat that lived a few houses down. they gave him rabie shots about 4 to 5 years ago maybe a little more. he was not foaming at the mouth or acting strange or any different than he usually does. My mom claims the cat has scratched her and my sister multiple times before while playing with it but nothing has happened priror to the scratch they got from him and do not suspect me of rabies nor themselves and believe im just having anxiety. we also went a month ago to the vet to get it all its shots so now its our cat officially. I never noticed any symptoms before hand of any rabies at all. iv had panic attacks for the past month due to my anxiety and i had extremely bad heartburn last night after eating mexican food. i have gerd and possible ibs and so i have been having anxiety about my pains all week. and now today i felt a little hornier than normal and i havent masturbated as much as i usually do which is about 1 to 2 times a day and i skipped a couples days this week due to my anxiety but today i noticed i had an increased sex drive and i masturbated once and then about 5 mins later i also masturbated. this scared me because i saw an article of a lady who had an extremely crazy increased sex drive right before she was diagnosed with rabies and passed away. do you think i might have rabies? my anxiety is going through the ceiling and im panicing and i just started to notice as i type this that it seems theres all of the sudden a thick coating of mucus in my throat. please help me and respond asap. do you think its rabies? or is my anxiety causing an increased sex drive and working myself up too much?
Rest assured you do not have rabies.  Rabies is rare in cats. Stop worrying.
A.  As the previous poster said, cats very rarely have rabies.
B.  Rabies is spread through bites.  You didn't get bitten.

I was recently bitten by an unvaccinated stray cat that I had taken in. As a result, I contacted my local department of public health - they told me that since she had not been vaccinated for rabies she needed to be quarantined under observation for ten days. Since she remained healthy for her quarantine period I did not have to have a rabies shot myself, and she was declared healthy.

According to the department of health, the reasoning behind the ten-day quarantine is that rabid animals are apparently not contagious until the last stages of the disease; they die usually within two to three days of showing symptoms. The ten day period gives humans a decent window of time in which to start rabies vaccinations if needed, and allows a more than adequate period for the animals to show definite symptoms (including death). If they continue to be healthy throughout, both the animal and  human are assured a clean bill of health.

Since you received your scratch two or three months ago, and had your pet vaccinated one month ago, you can rest assured that neither you nor your pet have rabies. Your own changes in behavior probably result from stress and anxiety, especially if you are already prone to anxiety attacks.