Cats Community
Sore bottom

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Sore bottom

Hi we have a kitten who is about 8-9 weeks old we have had her for about 1 and a half weeks. Just over the last couple of days she has had very runny smelly poos and her bottom seems to be swollen and sticking out She still plays as normal and is drinking but been a little bit off her food. She has walked with her bottom up and sometimes even tho her poo is runny it looks like she is straining, Hope you are able to help me out thank you for your time,
has this kitten been Vet checked? I would advise you taking a sample of the poop in to be analyzed she COULD have worms or a parasite...don't try to treat yourself with the otc store bought medications these are very harsh and you need to be sure you are getting the correct one for whatever is causing this.
could also be a food sensitivity, what are you feeding her? there are many ingredients that can cause diarrhea if she is sensitive to that especially grains in the food or additives to dry food. excessive diarrhea will make her anus sore and swollen.
but if she is straining perhaps she is plugged and the loose poos are liquid that can bypass the hard plug,....this would definately cause swelling/protrusion of the anus.
what is her diet? has her diet changed since you brought her home, different than it was before?...a rapid change in diet will also cause diarrhea and GI upset
Yhank you for that i went to the vet this morning and they have given me a worming tablet which i have given her then another does for 2 weeks then another for 4 weeks from today. We have been feeding her with whiskettes kitten poaches and the dry biskets. i did notice this morning that her poo was not runny so fingers crossed. Thanks again