Cats Community
Spirit & Butters on the mend but Bob worst!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

You remember Spirit just had the UTI that turned into a nasty URI-then Butters got it. When he had it he looked so uncomfy i had called my vet who said as long as all mucus is clear, let it run it's course. So Bob is having his turn but it's hanging on a bit longer and he's coughing. This am, he did have some yellowish mucus in one of his eyes so I gave the antibiotic right away (which was what i was to w/butters if this occurrred.) The thing is-he's drinking water: sometimes on his own, sometimes syringed, he'll eat but only if I bring it up to the bedroom for him-I'm taking these as good signs? Also-he hasn't tucked himself away the way the other 2 have-he's wanted to snug in my lap all night (of COURSE he can sleep there-i won't move) so I'm hoping he just sounds more terrifying than he actually is-kind of like when i have asthma..any thoughts, faithful friends, as it's Sunday and my vet isn't in-any kind thoughts & help much appreciated as always. Oh-he's 3 & neutered. and was very healthy.
See" Spirit and Butters on the mend..." for details. Also-he doesn't want to eat anything but cold cuts, I'm thinking chicken or turkey is the best? Any help much appreciated!!
dear I am so sorry Bob isn't any better.....unfortunately I can't add anymore advice than wht I've already given you.
can I please ask you tho NOT to feed any cold cuts.....of any kind, they are loaded with salt and not at all good for kitty.....if you can bake him a chicken or turkey and feed him small amounts in with his can food to help entice him to eat...but he needs all the nutrients that the cat diet provides....
please no more salt...
okey-doke! pleased to say when i got home Bob seems more chipper! he doesn't need his water syringed any more, he's leaving the bedroom and socializing again, and when i asked him if he was hungry he answered!  ( instead of that blank stare) So he's eating his own food and drinking of his own accord but i'll finish the antibiotics w/him since he's got that congestion..thanks for the help and the moral support! We're on the mend, slowly but surely.
Very glad to read that Bob's on the mend!