Why has my kitten has begun pooping on my bed? And how can I stop it?
My family has recently had a new member to the family. We have a 3 or 4 month old kitten (L.B.) from a family that's cat had a litter. Everything was going ok for the first bit. She slept in my room and had a liter and food there too. Sometimes she would poop or pee on my bed when she slept with me but it seemed as tho she was too little to get to the liter in time (my bed is kinda high). However as she grew she started using her litter and it was turning out well. So we let her start to explore the house.

We also have another cat (Patches) who is very old, typically extremely docile and to be honest on the brink of death, she never got along well with our other cat (Steve)from years before, but she didn't fight with him. The older cat absolutely hates this new kitten, I think mostly because L.B. is always screwing around with Patches.

Recently we have been having problems with L.B. pooping and peeing on carpets, couches, beds, just outside of the litter box, and in the litter box. From what I have been reading about this subject have a few things I can think of that might be causing this behavior.

- Patches is making L.B. feel uncomfortable
- She needs a separate litter box from Patches. (But Steve and Patches never ever had this problem and they even ate from the same dish)
- My family has taken on a foreign exchange student, and I pretty sure sometimes he locks the cat in his room and plays with it, especially because the cat is a little bit afraid of his room and its one of the ones she wont poop in.
- Maybe we aren't play with her enough but we just bought her new toys and even then after almost an hour of play everyday she is still very hyper

Also she is really bitey, but I think that has toned down a lot as she has grown.

If you have any ideas please let me know, there is talk of giving her away, and that is not something I am interested in.
Thanks.
The first red flag I see is only ONE litter box, big no no....rule is 1 box PER cat at least, and preferably an extra..so 3!!
Wash all your bedding with a product from a good pet store that has an Enzyme to remove all the ODOR, even if you can't smell it your kitty still can and thinks it's his spot to use. Also can get a product at the pet store called Litter Attract, this will help him want to use the boxes.
The biting issue could be normal kitten bites or could be due to him being taken away from his mommy too young, never spank any cat but do say a FIRM NO when he bites and immediately discontinue playing, hopefully he'll soon learn this is not acceptable. Do not play rough with him or he'll always be aggressive
Good luck, keep posting we'll try and help
Alright, thank you very much I'll see how it goes.
.....and watch that exchange student. He may be the one playing rough, and who knows what else when he locks her in his room. It is NOT his cat it is yours and make sure he realizes "In your house he abides by your rules" and that means no locking the cat in his room , no playing rough---he respects the kitten as a living thing and should not in any way hurt it.