blood in poo
Any ideas on what could be going on with my cat. He is an adult age 10 yrs old and he keeps pooping outside of the cat box even when the litters been changed he will go on the floor right outside the box. And i have noticed he has had some blood in his poo. Also when he eats he vomits alot. I always thought the vomiting is due from overeating or eating to fast because i do have other cats. I have tried changing cat foods and have tried the hairball cat foods. My other cats vomit occasionally to but he has got to be the worst with this. Other than this he seems to act like a perfectly normal cat. Any ideas appriciated thanks
Also forgot to mention that he likes to chew on plastic he doesn't eat it just likes to chew it. i thought that was strange as well.
I wouldn't worry about the chewing on plastic, cats seem to have an attraction to some chemical used in certain plastics, nothing to be concerned about just be sure he doesn't eat/swallow any of it.

the pooing outside the box is usually b/c they are trying to tell you something is wrong...ie pain. they associate pain with the litter box and this can be either during voiding or defecating.....b/c you are seeing blood it could possibly be the bowel thats a cause for concern. Has he been constipated?

but like I mentioned it could very well be a UTI especially since he is male and very prone to this and or crystals in his urine.

Your kitty needs to be checked over by a Vet while he still does appear to be healthy b/c a urinary tract problem could soon turn to be an emergency, with crystals its possible to become blocked. take him in for a urinalysis, I am betting this is the problem.

keep us updated please, and good luck.♥
Oh and since he is showing signs of crystals and b/c he is a MALE please be very sure you are feeding can foods and never dry for a male especially...d/t the possibility of crystals and blockages that are so common in males in particular.
Thanks for the info. he doesn't seem to be constipated. And it very well could be a uti he has had a problem with this in the past. didn't think about that being a possibility since it was a poo problem and not a urine problem. And yeah they eat dry food. I have 3 male cats and one female cat and canned food can get pretty expensive so always gave them dry. Every once in awhile i give them can. Since money is an issues do you think it would help if they had canned food 3 or 4 times a week and then dry for the rest? When he had a uti in the past he would go around to different spots in the house squating to try to pee and couldn't. I haven't noticed any of that behavior so im kinda puzzled. I think im going to try to push more fluids at him and give him some canned fooded for awhile and see if that gets me anywhere and monitor him. I don't have the money to get him to the vet until probably next week. thanks again for help.
hi, sure canned foods and extra fluids will help him pass the crystals(if thats his problem)...if its a UTI thats an infection of the bladder and he will need antibiotics to clear that up..the two often go hand in hand....so it would be advisable to get him to a Vet for a urinalysis...I know its tough when money is tight, often the clinics will help out with a payment plan, there are also some ideas for help with Vet costs at the top of this forum!!

crystals just don't disappear, they are only managed.....with tons of fluids. Dry food contains 12% while can foods contain 78% water... your kitty needs to be drinking a full bowl of water a day to compensate a dry diet and dehydration issues.

I know cans are more expensive, but much cheaper than treating all the medical costs you'd be facing....
I hate to say it but even cheap can foods are better for a male kitty than dry.....please monitor him closely, uti's and/or crystals can be very painful.

keep us posted please....♥