Cats Community
cat is walking strangly

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

cat is walking strangly

I have a ten month old kitten, not spayed. All of a sudden I noticed her walking in a crouched position, and meowing very loudly. She will walk a few steps and then lay down with her rump slightly raised in the air. Usually she likes to be held in a cradle position, but when she is walking like this, it seems like she is in pain when I hold her in this position. She will walk normal when playing and running, but then right afterwards, resumes to this crouched walking. She plays and is eating normal, and I have never seen her walk in the crouched position. I heard that this crouching thing could be due to a stroke, but is there a possibility it could be something else?

Hi, my cat has the similar problem.  She was in "heat".  You can see my post.  Hope she is not having an infection.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Cats/My-cat-gliding-on-the-floor/show/1239384?personal_page_id=861867#post_5672154
Yep, she is in heat.
oh good, at least that is all it is. I am happy its not something else. How long does their heat cycle tend to last? Is she in pain during heat, because she looks and acts so uncomfortable..
yes it does cause them a certain amount of discomfort....but not real pain no. The heat cycles will keep happening ever few weeks until you have her spayed..
Please take kitty to a Vet asap and have her spayed, it will end her discomfort and she will be a much nicer domestic pet.....
Please do not allow her to become pregnant, there are far too many unwanted babies in this world already...♥
My vet said, when he spays, the cat is not pregnant then cost $88.00.  If he found she is pregnant, then cost over hundred dollars.

Now Eiva spayed.  She is happy and fat....  never does such fancy walking.  She runs very very quick, climb up and down.  As one of the cat lover here said, "train my cat ready for Olympic".  LOL.

When she did such fancy walking and vee every few hours, I thought she was in Urinary Infection.  Thanks for the cat fans here to let me know.  Eiva is in "heat".