cat pees everywhere/cries a lot
what is happening to my cat?!!!! she is peeing tiny amounts all over the place. her stomach is huge! she is being treated for tape worm. her blood tests came back completely normal. she wont stop crying. she howls every time she goes to the bathroom. she throws up almost every time she eats. shes not even a year old!!!!! ive been to the vet 3 times in the last week and they have no idea what is wrong. she cant lay down properly her back legs are always holding her up so her belly is off the ground. her third dose of dewormer is tomorrow so why is her stomach so big? can anyone help?  
all those trips to the Vet was an urinalysis ever done??????
Right, my question too???  Mary, this kitty needs to return to the vet ASAP!
She definitely needs to go back ASAP? Did they test her to see if she had a urinary tract infection?
yeah i took her in today. they did a urinalysis.... waiting for it to come back... they gave her this 14 day antibiotic but its not doing anything.... they noticed a skin condition... and she has lost some weight. they tested her for uti thats what i thought she had too... but why she is throwing up...?
Hey Mare, Your kitty is probably immune compromised. They can get this way from having to fight too many illnesses. The antibiotics should kick in soon. She might just be throwing up from the infection. And the skin infection is probably from fleas or just having a weak immunity. Give her some time and love and she should get fat and healthy again. :)
I'm so glad you got this poor kitty into the Vet...what do you mean by 'a skin condition'?
the 14 day antibiotic the Vet gave is convenia and I'm sorry you weren't aware of the side effects of it before, its a very heavy assault on her poor little body all at once and takes WEEKS to clear from their systems.
she is no doubt having a reaction to this!!!
I have my fingers crossed for her, she has alot to deal with♥
opus88 - corona was only given the 14 day antibiotic the last visit so her symptoms i was describing was before it was given. and she is now very quiet sleeping a lot not a lot of energy and not eating a whole lot. she isnt meowing which is nice but it is unlike her. not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. she isnt howling when she is going to the bathroom which is good. and she hasnt made any mistakes yet that i know of but a little bit comes out here and there. the vet said she has a skin condition didnt really say much about it. near her ear above her eyebrow she kept scratching at it and now there is some kind of infection. hopefully this skin condition isnt serious and will go away?

alexia- i was thinking the same thing. there must be more then one thing going on and she fighting them all at the same time. im hoping that this thing the vet gave her will knock them all out. i just want her to get better! ugh! she didnt have fleas when i found her, i gave her revolution though which should have killed them in case she did have any.  but when she eats again i cant wait to get her fat! :)

Oh I thought your post sounded as if the 'vomiting' was something recent, therefore I associated it with the convienia(?)

the itching and scratching at a spot particularly on the face is due to an allergy..and its usually food. or flea bites. like the previous poster said her immune system is overloaded right now and showing signs of stress on the skin.

chicken is a huge culprit, so are grains as well as preservatives in dry food.
can you try changing her food to a non chicken based GRAIN FREE canned food?
do NOT let the Vet talk you into steroids please, this will only temporarily help and not solve the underlying problem.

can also be 'flea bite allergy' since you mentioned she had a bad condition of tapeworm.

these all fall under the term. eosinophilic granduloma complex.
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_eosinophilic_granuloma.html
tried grain free food she wont eat it... she has seemed to stop scratching above her ear which is good. she has gone back to meowing. something is still wrong with her i think... i mean why else is she meowing?? she is clinging to me constantly like she is scared or hurting. i mean im home all day every day so its not a problem i just want to know whats going on. i still havent heard back from the vet about the urine results... i will not put her on steroids dont worry! and her vomiting stopped. now i think its just something going on in her stomach or bladder.
Did the clinic at least do a PH test when they collected the urine????
she could well have crystals ....is she passing urine??????
read this

http://www.petacular.com/go-natural-canned-cat-food-564-prd1.html
shoot did it again, gotta slow down. gave you an old site there when I pasted..sorry.
heres the one I MEANT to send on FLUTD

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2012/01/03/accurately-diagnosing-bacterial-urinary-infection-in-cats.aspx
Mary, I am concerned you don't have an answer on the UA after FIVE days.  I would give the vet a call.  Jade just had a UA done recently, and my vet called the next day.  
she is still peeing everywhere!!!! yesterday and today she peed on the cat bed and on the rug. the vet called today and said everything came back normal... they said they tested all that... i really dont understand what is going on. she seemed to have gotten better then now shes getting worse again.. shes meowing and peeing again.
The Vet did say they did a PH test Mary????

You should also ask if they tested for Diabetes????

something sure isn't right with her yet, she is trying to tell you she is ill or in pain....ask your Vet if these two tests were done. I really do think she needs another Vet visit and more testing. poor baby -(
yeah they did.. they said it was all normal... they are telling me to try something called composure... and that maybe she just full of anxiety and going to the bathroom everywhere because shes nervous i dont know. im always here and comforting her. im going to try it. see what happens.
sounds like a load of BS to me...........
so what do you think i should i do? !!!! i dont know what to do. today she attacked me 4 times. she wouldnt stop. randomly too. all i do is love her. feed her. care for her. im so upset by this. she is attacking my legs, arms and when i lay down my face out of no where. she will be on the floor and ill be trying to sleep and she will jump up and bite my face. i dont understand what is going on. could this be bad wiring????
I almost thought it might be diabetes, as I have a diabetic kitty, and some of the symptoms resemble it.
If she's attacking you it can be that she is in pain.  I know it's expensive, but what about a second opinion?
P.S.  Another question you could ask is what is her blood glucose?  It can be high at the Vet due to stress.  Do you have a copy of her bloodwork lab results?  If not, ask for a copy.
Mary, has your cat been spayed?  Some of these symptoms could be related to that.  And, I believe your cat is attacking you because she's in a whole lot of pain.  Cats do attack when they're in pain.  

Please, get another opinion from another vet.  I'm almost 100% sure that your cat has a bladder infection and/or urine crystals.  This really can be life threatening if it's not taken care of.  I wouldn't put this off.  Once this is taken care of, I'm pretty sure that she won't attack you again.

Best wishes.
Is this the same cat that is biting you Mary?
yes same cat that is biting. yes been spayed. every test has been done. everything has been fine. seen more then one vet. behaviorist. im depressed because i love her and i wish that she wasnt biting me to rip my skin off.
Im sorry Mary this seems to have been looked at a few times by various Vets...if all health issues are ruled out than perhaps it is a behavioral issues. I too have a boy that liked to 'bite' and have many scars to prove that, he would attack out of no where go from a happy state to aggression in a blink of an eye...I put it down to him being in an abusive situation before I got him..he is now almost 8 yo. I still have to be cautious when petting him or grooming. one technique I did read abt and do use is after an attack is to grab him by the scruff of the neck and hold him down(cats really hate this, it shows YOU are the DOMINATE one) while holding him like this look him right in the eye and say a strong NO several times...it has lessened his attacks to perhaps once or twice a year!!!
there is also the choice of medicating your kitty to calm him, I would use this as a last resort b/c these medications also carry side effects...but sometimes it may become necessary and much better than having to get rid of him
heres a site that may also offer some suggestions...he has to overcome ths behavior!!!

http://www.pets.ca/cats/articles/aggressive-cats/
i honestly dont mind that she bites me yes it hurts but i can take it and i do scruff her and put her to the ground so she does know who is boss it is just she doesnt seem to get it. she forgets and i would bring her back to my room to separate the cats again and she will be fine but give me this look like i will attack you when you dont expect it. yes medication is another way to go. im going to wait and see what this behaviorist says.
sometimes when cats have skin irritation or itching it is because of an allergic reaction. it could be something environmental or the food you bought. if you still see the skin issues when the other symptoms go away then try switching to a new brand of food, from what i've heard blue buffalo and wellness are good choices for cats with allergies.