Cats Community
cat rash

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

cat rash

I have 2 male indoor cats, from seperate litters, and both of them have a rash on their hide legs and a little bit on their belly. I took them to the vet and she ruled out ringworm and fleas and gave them shots for a skin infection, well its 3 weeks later, and the rash is still there. I changed their food to a hypo-allergenic venison food and I only clean my floors and counters with hot water vinegar and lemon, so I have no idea where this rash is coming from. They don't seem to be overly affected by it, still very energetic, but they do seem to be cleaning more, any ideas what this could be?
Tags: cat, rash, belly, legs
Could be the cat litter.  Have you tried changing that too?  I'm sorry, I don't know alot about litter, my kitty goes outdoors, but what you can do while you're waiting for other replies is simply type in "cat litter" up in the "search this community" box which you'll find right above Recent Activity over here on the right and you'll see dozens of old posts come up discussing litter.

Best of luck to you and your boys.
Hi Babes, Wat about the floor, they could allergic to the vinegar or the lemon, if you allow them on your bed it could be the fabric conditioner you use, could be heat rash, just a few suggestions babes, never know that one before, ive got 3 cats myself. Its got to be an allegy i would of thought with them both having it. Normally when cats tend to clean them selves overly its because they are trying to heal themselves and the vet doesnt seem to be alarmed so id have alook at the floor stuff first it could be too harsh for the little sweeties, Aw Bless. Let me know Babes how you get on coz ive never heard that one before so it would be interesting to know what the cause was!!!
GOOD LUCK Babes &  (((((BIG HUGS)))))  For them!!! xXx