Cats Community
cat shaking out his legs

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

cat shaking out his legs

my cat is 13 and is male. it all started with him drinking more than usual  about 5 to 6 ounces a day right now.he also has 2 infected areas on both paws front ones on first  nails in the nailbeds where u push the nails out. and has been scratching his head to the point where he is almost half bald on top. he also has keratin growths on all of his paw pads. around the edges.  he had a hyperthroidism test w as negative. (hey said his nails are very thick. planning on having a full blood panel soon. when i  make somemore money.  he was put on clavamox for a week for his nail infection and his head. he had diarrhea and became even more withdrawn. also become gassy and loud stomach noises. doctor also said he has some arrthritis in back legs. doc changed meds and put him on a 2 week shot convenia still is withdrawn wont get on bed or lay on lap. eats drinks and layes down. couple days ago was put on proviable kp and dc. which now i will get to my question he has been kicking out his legs like u would shake out if your limb fell asleep. he has been doing this for awhile and he is doing it more and more. doc never really answered me. i was thinking cause of his arthritis or growths on feet if you could shed any light on this it concerns me all of this does. he walks and does a quick shake out of the leg its not  normal. thanks for your help
hi...for some reason my first reply didn't show, so will try again.
so sorry for kitty's problems sounds like he is in some real distress.
I don't like to second guess a doctor, however just curious if your Vet checked his blood sugars?...to me with all the signs drinking more water/lethargy/sore paws &legs/infections...sounds to me like diabetes and I would think this would be the first thing the doctor would look for?...like in humans one of the symptoms are very painful limbs and sores that break out and trouble healing up....
Go to the top of this screen and click on the word FORUMS...when there look on the right hand side of all the listings and scroll way down to the very bottom there will be a section that says ASK AN EXPERT...and you can find the cat listing to ASK A VET...maybe they can tell you more.
I would phone my Vet and ask abt this too, Honey I know with me money is always an issue too...pets can be expensive especiallly when they begin to age, thts why 2 is my limit anymore...as much as I would love a new little one scampering around..
good luck and let us know ok.