Cats Community
cat snores

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

cat snores

now that our weather is changing here in the hudson valley, my butters is starting to snore when he sleeps again. he was fine all summer-he did this last fall/winter too;hoped this had passed. he's healthy otherwise, just the snoring. he's not overweight and the snoring is mild. no discharge from nose/eyes. is this something to bo concerned with? i have 2 other cats who do not snore.
Tags: snore
It might well be seasonal changes in humidity and barometric pressure or a change in air circulation in your house when the a/c is not running or the heating system is on.  My sinuses get a little dried out and I tend to get a little congested myself at night from the drier air during the cooler months even here in Texas which causes me to either snore or breathe through my mouth at night. I wouldn't be concerned as long as your cat is not having difficulty breathing and is able to clear his sinuses upon waking.  If it becomes bothersome (either for the cat or for you), you might try running a humidifier or vaporizer at night.                                        
I've had cats that snored.  One was really bad.  I took him to the vet but there was nothing wrong.  If it worries you, I'd take him in just to be sure.  But it's probably nothing.
One of my boys snores so loud, if he was an outside kitty, I'm sure he would be some wild animal's dinner.  But, I had him checked and he is also healthy.
My kitty snores something fierce, too.  I'm pretty sure she would've been coyote food by now if she were an outside kitty, too.  I use white noise as a solution.  The vet doesn't think that there is anything wrong with her that is causing the snoring.  Sometimes when she is asleep in the daytime I hear it.  Of course, this kitty has allergies, so that could be part of her problem.  She has some of the same allergies I do.  I don't think humidifiers would be the answer for us, because we have the opposite problem.  I have a measuring device for the humidity level in here, so I know that isn't the issue for us.  If you heard the way this cat snores, you might bust out laughing yourself.  You wouldn't be able to help it.