Cats Community
cat stepped in hot soup on stove

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

cat stepped in hot soup on stove

My cat steppped in my ham and bean soup on stove while i was cooking. It was simmering i put my finger in it and felt very warm but not scalding. I did not touch the bottom. Her leg is swollen and she did fall from the counter. I plan to take to vet in morning since they are closed now. Is there anything i can do for her now
Is there any redness or blistering?
How swollen?  And what can you see of the skin, is it red, as Bkitty asked?
slightly pink but no blisters yet. My wife and I put a burn ointment on her pad. I think most of the swelling might be from the fall! I am no doctor though not sure if i am right or wrong.
I really think it must have been from the fall.  If it was not hot enough to burn your finger, well, cats are very quick, and she would not have hung around with her foot in a pot of soup long enough to burn herself.  But do keep an eye on the leg, and observe whether she is putting weight on it or not.
don't use burn ointment, kitty's lick this off and its not meant to be ingested.....if you have some UNSALTED BUTTER use that instead....hope kitty will be ok, let us know tomorrow okay :))
Wrapped it with self sticking wrap and gauze. she is not licking at it and seems content.
Sorry haven't updated was really busy. Kitty is alright mostly just irritated. She is licking her foot bare in spots but she has done this in the past. She is old  about 19 years maybe 20 in human years. she was giving antibiotics and pain relievers from vet. Thanks for every ones comments.