Cats Community
cat's bum has blood on it

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

cat's bum has blood on it

lately my cat has been peeing around the house.  we just switched cat litter and it was suggested to us that he probably doesn't like it.  tonight i noticed dried blood on his anus. he is eating and drinking normally, has had all his shots and is strictly an indoor cat.  he is a ragdoll-siamese mix.  he isn't exhibiting any other weird behaviors.  about a month ago some neighborhood cats started coming to our back window and taunting him, which makes him really mad-could any of this be stress related?  
ps-does an actual vet answer these questions or is it the public who answer?  i actually need a vet's input ;)
Tags: cat, Blood, Peeing
Yes peeing or spraying around the house can most definitely be stress related it can also be that he is marking his territory to ward off the outdoor intruders, I have one that does tht too....
You do have him neutered I assume???? If not do so ASAP.  the blood can be due to worms, if you haven't done so already bring a small sample of his feces into a vet to be checked, do not but over the counter worm meds...you may buy the wrong one for the type of worm he (May) have an cause him to get sick.
It can also be caused from an allergy to some ingredient in the food ur feeding, usually a grain.....it's for his best interest to feed a canned grain free food. One of my boys has bloody poops every time he eats dry kibble.
NO we are not Vets on here only pet parents who have raised an cared for cats for many years.
Good luck an keep us posted okay xoxo