cats
How long does it take to get rid of ear mites and worms. And is it a simple blood test to determine a thyroid problem in a cat.A friend gave me a cat(Coby , a big loveable black cat) , because she was moving and didn't tell me he had health issues. I have been using ear mite medicine that I got from pet co and went on line and got herbal wormer. but it seems like it is taking forever it's been a month. And Coby gave earmites to my white cat Appollo. My friend that I just got the cat from, just told me about Cobys thyroid problems and when I asked about the vet records she told me that the vet went out of business and she doesn't know if its hyperthyroid or hypothyroid. I ready bought some thyroid stuff, but was advised not to give it to Coby until he was tested.I would appreciate some information. Dee Dee
Dee Dee I would plan on a visit to the local vet in your area... The meds should of already taken care of the mites... As long as it was given correctly? As far as the Thyroid I would not guess do the recommended blood work to determine treatment..
It depends on the mites.  If they were long standing, it could take several weeks of repeated treatment before all of the eggs hatch and new eggs aren't being laid.  After medicating, clean out his ears as much as you can.  
Well thanks for your response, I ended up taking Coby to Pet Co and the vet did give him a droncit shot for the worms and an ear mite treatment and it worked great. the vet also told me it looked like he had allergies, so he is getting zinc,vitamin c and d and I finally found a multivitamin that he will chew. when I first got him he was eating cheap cat food. Well my dog and 2 cats are on Abady granular , its the only one that my dog Giselle doesn't have allergic reaction too, and her coat and the cats coat look great. well it took a good month before Coby would eat this. I also give my animals raw foods , I actually cooked up fish and chicken for Coby, he has never eaten these and he wont eat them, inwhich I thought a cat gobble them up, mine do. Heck I can put organic pumpkin down for them and the eat it all up.. But I will keep trying ,I want him to feel great and look great. I also add salmon oil to the food. He is growing regrowing hair from his bald spots. I guess it will take time. Thank you, I appreciate the information that you gave me. Dee Dee