Cats Community
copious vomiting

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

copious vomiting

My cat is 16 years old. He's always been a (very) good eater. In fact the last (but two) visits to the vet revealed him to be overweight and we had to switch him to science plan (the vet insisted, the cat hated it). We found that he didn't like it and it was expensive, so we put him onto a better regulated (rather than on demand) regime of mixed tinned and dried food which he did like. That was fine for more than two years. He was healthy, full of cheek and energy and, like all cats and oldies, slept much of the day.

About 2 months ago he started vomiting, sometimes several times a day, even though there'd been no change to his diet. We took him to the vet who examined him, took blood samples and announced that he could find nothing wrong with him. He was pleased about his drop in weight, but I am not, given the suddenness of the weight loss. Overnight the cat has become skin and bones (coat still glossy).

It's 2 months since we paid the vet a small fortune for doing nothing for our poor moggy, who throws up even more. He can't handle dried food which he throws up. Tinned meat ditto. We tried little packets of Whiskas. He licks the jelly off the little packets of whiskas and then tries the bits of meat in the jelly because he appears to be desperately hungry. However, anything more than a spoonful at a time and back it comes. I can't bear seeing him so obviously hungry and crying all the time.
Please help!!
I'm so sorry to read abt Moggy's problems, sometimes its hard to diagnosis people and pets even more so b/c they can't tell us where it hurts...but surely the Vet did bloodwork..did nothing abnormal show up on this??....if Moggy doesn't eat on his own and continues to throw everything up that he tries he will need to be put on IV soon....or yes he will become severely dehydrated. something that comes to mind is pancreatitis..did the Vet check into that or mention as a possibility? you really need to get him back to the clinic, this IS an emergency...for dehydration is fatal if not corrected quickly. I am wishing you both all the very best, please update us♥

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/pancreatitis__feline_.html