did i really win?
for all who didnt know,

i adopted this REALLY cute little kitten about 7 weeks ago (my Baby in the picture), however, ive been through EVERYTHING with her, an aggressive brother i adopted her with, he had to go back because he kept trying to bite her stitches, he was just to aggressive towards her, one week after adoption my boyfriend falls over her and she dislocated her hip, even tho he still says the way her "big brother" kept throwing her off our really high table could have dislocated her hip as well (at adoption she was so small, she fit in my boyfriends hand), i took him back and her to the vet, 2 weeks later she got another couple of shots, and a day after that her head swell on, i took her to the vet and she bumped her head really bad (we still dont know where but think underneath the recliner) after that there was nothing for 3 weeks, just her antibiotics for her head bump, so finally 6 weeks after adoption, her last shots for a year YEAHY :D and a day later, she passed away, she was only about 18 weeks old and SOOO fluffy and soft, she always liked everyones faces even the vet nurse while she was hurting my sweety checking out her hip

after an autopsy we found out she was born with only one kidney and a heart condition, doomed to die from the minute she was concieved, after i called the shelter i found out her 3 siblings were put down because they were sick, and i asked them if i could have a kitten for free, because i spend SOOO much money on her and nothing anyone would have done could have saved her, some friends of mine actually tell me i should demand a kitten ready to go with all the shots free for me :)

finally, the shelter called me, i can have a kitten when ever i want to and am ready to open my home and heart to another kitten, i did tell them not for a while, because i still have the picture i my mind of my Baby sleeping in her bed with her paw raped around her stuffed birdi (she had a heart attache)

so what do you all think about this? id like to know. thanks to all.
I think it's great that the shelter is giving you the opportunity to adopt a kitten for free. I think they understood what you had to go through, and I think those people are genuinely interested in finding good homes for their animals.

I would say YES, you win. Congratulations!

Was Baby's brother adopted out?
well, i dont know how i feel, i mean i already had the perfect little kitten, but i cant change what happened.

i dont even know, i would think so, i paid for his rabies shot as he was with me, so they probably told ppl adopt him, he already had his shot, i do hope he got a very nice home, he was really cute too and i did cry about bringing him back as well

im probably gonna go over there on the weekend and look around a little, i would love to tell them to call me if they get a VERY young medium to long hair kitten
I'm very sorry to hear about Baby.  I've been through it and it's unspeakably difficult.  However I do agree with PrettyKitty about the shelter's motives and when you are ready they are a good resource.

Do bear in mind that young kittens often seem agressive, some more than others.  Teenage kittens in particular go around like trouble looking for a place to happen.  Whenever I have kittens in the house I have scratches on the backs of my hands all the way up to my elbows and sometimes on my face as well!  They play rough!!  

This does not mean there is anything wrong, in fact it's perfectly normal.  There are some ways to get  your point across to a kitty, gently, that you think it's playing too rough and it's time to cool out.  If you run across the situation again, I would be happy to share my experiences with crazy kittens and any tips I might have.  One thing though, they do grow out of it!

Let us know what happens, ok?
well i thought in the end that he was just trying to make sure he is the surviving one, basic animal survival instinct, cuz u should have seen him he was really brutal towards him, i dont blame him if the cats do have such an instinct too, but like i said i wouldnt have given him back if i would have known that she would die, then i would have just kept em apart for that time, which doesnt matter now anyways anymore.

i would wish for a x-mas kitten :) a fluffy one, i grew up with long hair cats so i have a little preference towards them, i will let you know and put up a pic as soon as i get a new one :)
I understand, but don't feel too bad.  It's impossible to know what is going to happen!

I love the fluffy ones too, but boy do they shed!  Get a white long haired cat and you can never wear black again!!  In my experience, we go to the shelter with a plan in mind for the cat or dog we are looking for and then just end up falling in love with one that we never would have thought of.  Either way, it's a good way to find a new friend.

When you have a pic, we'd love to have it in our slideshow.  My babies are in there along with a lot of other peoples and I'm sure yours would be a great addition.  I'll look forward to meeting your new kitten!

I don't know if this will help or not or if you'll even read it but you gave Baby a good home during her short life.  She knew you loved her - I'm sure of that.  Baby was given to you for a reason.

We just lost our 24 yr old cat and the grief has been terrible.

Hope you find another kitten to connect with.

wolf