Cats Community
fibroscarcoma endless?most likley??

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

fibroscarcoma endless?most likley??

harley, my bengal boy was about 7 years when the first pea size bump was found on his thigh. dec 06. th vet did a very good job and it seemed to be gone. that lasted about 1 1/2 years, the second surgery was very poorly done, not enough wide surrounding margin tissue space was removed and it then returned within 2-3 months, then a third surgery was done oct of 09' and by feb it was already coming back in 2 others sites. it was about the size of  the width a marble, now it is like 1/2  of a golf ball near  his hipbone plus another growth below near where the original tumor was found.
he has lost  weight over the last several months, seems pretty normal, but  vomits a little more often  than i like and his appetite is not great, but does no seem to be in any pain at this point
i won't cut off his leg, would never put him through chemo or radiation and  anymore surgeries are waste of his comfort, time and money better well spent on the others i have still to care for

i really see no point of putting him through another surgery as it is fruitless, each time these tumors have been removed they have reappeared fasted and bigger than the last.
i know for a fact that when i rescued him he was vaccinated with a defective vaccine  that had a bad preservative (called a addigine?) in it,  the company is no longer in business so who could i sue, what is the use
i will have to put this cat down when it is the time and it make me very sad and sick, but from what i have read on this forum those of you who have or have lost  your babys to this rotten disease, those who got the tumors on the back of their necks have been somewhat blessed , i was told that site is the absolute  worst, and die the quickest yet many seem to be hanging in there alot longer  than expected. just think about it tho' if the cat is scratching to the point of opening up the skin at the tumor location, it is getting  very uncomfortable for the cat,  how would we feel  if we had a bug bite that size and could only scratch ourselves raw til it bleeds
i stopped all vaccines on my cats years ago when i first heard of this possible  result, as a rescue the dumb ***** insist on jabbing  a defective, poison in them before you can adopt or rescue a cat they condemned to death several years after i saved him
i only hope and pray the pharmaceutical company that sold the defective medication paid dearly for their mistakes
since they are no longer in business that is some consolation, hopefully from lawsuits but surely not enough for the pain they caused
love your kitties the best you can, you never know how long you  will have together
bless  creatures  big and small and curse those who do the  these harms, greedy mof's
catwrangler 10
oh my heart goes out to you and you'r boy Harley!! We all here know how sad it is to loose one of our babies. I don't blame you for being so angry, yes its all about profit isn't it!...recently I too have read more about these vaccines and the risks, years ago I stopped rabies because mine are indoor cats...and last year I found out its not necessary to vaccinate every year either!! only every 3. Therefor I will follow these recommendations, however I do wonder after reading you're post if they would be better off without any vac's after the first set?....so hard to make this decision.

As for you're poor baby Harley, I agree totally with what you have decided...you have done you're best, much more than alot of people are able to do...but there does come a time when its no longer in the best interests of our babies to put them through anymore pain and trauma.....and he's only 7, that is so very sad to lose one when he's still a youngster. I can tell in you're words how much he means to you. and I am so sorry for you both.
please keep posting, we love new members to join in, keep telling us all how Harley is fairing. hug him for me.