Cats Community
kitten head trauma

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

kitten head trauma

Hi my kitten just got diagnosed with head trauma and its been 2 days already. The doctor has advised us to wait and see and that she can get better. I want to know from all those who have gone through this what signs of improvement should i look for and in how many
days please. She keeps on crying in a funny voice and my sister who is a nurse says she is suffering too much and i should consider puttinh her down. Please help. ;(
hi veen...so sorry to read abt your little kitten, it takes time the progress is slow as long as kitty is able to eat and drink even if it takes some assistance for a while I wouldn't give up hope just yet. she could well be crying b/c of the huge confusing sights and sounds now going on around her, with a brain injury everything will seem real strange for awhile, is she able to see or do you think she maybe blind?

have you made some adjustments to her living space so she can find her food and litter easily? have all that close by

....give her a few more days and watch closely for even the slightest gain each day..that gives you hope, as long as she isn't suffering...what did the Vet say? did the Vet think she was in pain? you have to go by what they are telling you for its real hard for us to comment on when we can't see her.....
read through all the posts on this link...I don't think any of the original posters are on Medhelp any longer so they won't be giving you a reply. I have heard back from some of the later ones weeks later that stated their kitties improved...but it takes weeks to happen. do what you think is in kitty best interests hon.
click on the link below and read all the posts, some are old...but you can still gain some insight from them. best of luck and keep us updated ask more questions anytime and we'll try and help♥

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Cats/Kitten-brain-damage--PLEASE-HELP/show/1303919
heres a good site with info on how to adapt the living situation for a disabled kitty...read the part on BLIND KITTY...don't know if yours is experiencing blindness (could be temporary or permanent) or not but there is a strong chance she is having some eyesight issues after a brain injury.

http://www.messybeast.com/disabled.htm#CH
Hi Opus88(sorry dnt know ur real name)
Izzy is improving. from what she was from the 1st day and what she is today after a week is a real difference. evryday she is making a little progress which is so encouragin to our family. unfortunatly she has become blind and yes we have altered her environmnt to suit her and she finds her way to her food n litter. the ver says there is a little chamve dat she gets back her eye sight bt we keep hoping for the best. as it is the fact that she can feel hear a little bit and eat n use her litter are more than enough for us. thnk you loads for your reply n support. i hope my post can help others also.
Thank you so much for taking the time to return and let us know what is happening with Izzy, so often we give out info and never hear back anything...
I am so happy to read she is coming along so well, and I think in time you'll continue to see improvements....don't give up on the eye sight either, we've had others who said that returned in time as well.
there was one poster whose kitty remained blind but did very well adjusting, as long as steps like you've done are followed so she can find her way around with food/water/litter and danger zones such as stairs or windows...than all is well!!!
she is loved I can tell that in your words and by your patience....good on you BOTH!!!
continue to drop in and tell us more ok..♥
Oh its a pleasure but what is more important than anythin else is for me to share this little info with all readers. You see it took us a day to realise what had excatly happened to izzy. We didnt see her falling nor do we know if she banged her head bt we only saw her bleeding from her nose. when i took her to the 1st vet he said he culdnt undestand what has paralysed her and why she was crying. only the next day i took her to another vet n he diagnosed head trauma and then we started inderstanding how to help her. And of course thanks to Medhelp we have been able to give her the appropriate support. I hope that my posts may help others to care for their injured cats bt i sincerely hope that no pet lovers like me has to undergo such devastating experience. bt when izzy played with my finger today i was more than pleased with such progress. My wish is to be able to say that she can see!!!