my cat has a fungus on outside of ear
My cat had a cold a few weeks ago. All signs of cold are gone,but now he has a dry scaley,fungus growing on the outside of his ear.He is still eating very well.He has also become very lovey now.I have 5 cats and need some help.
Is there something that makes you think it's a fungus? Have you tried an anti-fungal medication (over the counter, it's the same stuff. Lotramin AF). It's the same cream they use for cats for ringworm.
Thanks for the info. The reason I think it's a fungus is it's something that is rotting his ear. It started as a small spot,now it is spreading over his whole ear. When I try to wipe it with a warm cloth parts come off.
Okay. As long as it's just a scaling of the skin, and not the whole ear actually deteriorating, it should work. If not, check back in and we'll see what else it can be! Oh, if you don't see improvement in a few days, it's probably something else...
My cat has brownish red gunk in one of her ears. I left her with the vet and the the vet said it was allergies and would eventually go away. She gets this every year or so and someone told me that it is a yeast infection. I put hydrogen peroxide in her ear to clean it out. The brown gunk can get really think if I do not clean it.
Any idea what it is?

My heart goes out to you!  Simply animals body temperature is higher than a humans. Treating their unhealthy  oversensitive ears  with room temperature medication is pure and unnecessary torture.  If you question my comment put a sliver of ice in the canal of YOUR HEALTHY EAR,,,,,,,,,,  

Generally pets like their ear rubbed. Rather than preparing for battle;  prepare a quiet place  where you won't be interrupted ( minus excitable people and other pets ). This may be your favorite chair, cover it with a sheet to keep it clean and wear your grubbys. There is going to be some head shaking and medication flying.  Have some cotton or wipes for clean up and and a toy or favorite brush  for the after treatment reward.  In a small container that will keep the medicine  warm for 5 minutes warm a small amount of the medication.  Keeping you voice very soothing and low take your pet to the prepared area and in a comfortable position (usually sitting in your lap)  rub  their ear in a fashion they like. Take a small amount of the medication on cotton or finger tip and slowly  rub it on the inside flap and into the outer ear, as they relax fold the ear tip back and keep rubbing.  When the hid foot begins to move and they push their ear into your massaging hand, (indicating kitty or Fido is delighted)  pour the warm medication in to the ear and keep rubbing in their favorite method. They often don't even realize they have been treated, and seldom have a negative response, because you keep rubbing..  This may seem like over kill to some, but if  treatment is required at regular intervals you may want to re think the "get 'er done theory".  

After all isn't the goal of housing this beast companionship?

Sincerely
Marie