my cat is losing her hair!
my cat is 16 years old and was doing very well until the end of August.  All of a sudden she started to lose her hair around her eyes and ears and it was crusty and bloody.  I took her to the vet spent almost $200 and he said her immune system was attacking her own body.  He gave her steroids and eye cream and antibiotic.  That didn't help.  I took her back and spent more money (which I wouldn't mind if I had it) and this time he said she was allergic to fleas.  SHE DIDN'T HAVE FLEAS!!!  Here's my question, she's losing her hair more and more she's sneezing and losing flakes of skin.  I think she has ringworm because I too now have a rash all over my body with flakes of skin falling off.  The other 3 members of my family are fine.  No rash.  I've been using fungus cream on myself and was wondering maybe I can use it on her too?  It's OTC not from the doctor.   I can't stand to see her like this too much longer.  She really doesn't act like anything is bothering her.  She's still eating and drinking and sharpening her claws.  I have a really hard time playing God and having her put to sleep.  I've had her since I was 15 I'm now 31.  Any suggestions would be great!  Thanks all!!
Absolutely you can use it on her!  I always tell people to treat their kitties with otc fungas cream (athletes foot cream!) when they have ringworm, which it does sound like you are dealing with.  There is never a need to pay for expensive prescription ringworm creams.  Make sure you apply it thoroughly to every affected area, since ringworm kind of spreads around and if you leave an area untreated, it will continue to affect more of your cat's skin.  Do it twice a day and try, as best you can, not to let her lick it off - at least for a while so it can do some good.

I think perhaps your vet heard that your kitty is 16 and kindof went overboard.  With a younger cat he probably would have recognized ringworm right away!  I'd hope so, anyway.  

If it isn't ringworm, then the cream won't hurt her and if it is ringworm, it should clear it up pretty quickly.

Frankly, I don't put a cat to sleep unless they are at the point where they are no longer caring for themselves, by which I mean not eating, not grooming, not moving around or showing interest in their environment, that kind of thing.  And it sounds like your cat is worlds away from that point.  Vets and others often start talking about putting an older cat to sleep as soon as any condition shows up, but as long as she is enjoying life, then she should live it.  And you don't want to lose your friend unnecessarily.  My viewpoint, anyway :)

If you don't see any improvement within the next week or two, at the most (and it should start improving in a couple of days, probably) then let us know, if you like, and we will re-think the situation.

Thank you soooooo much!  She's my best friend and I love her soooo much!  Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!  I'll let you know how she's doing in a couple of days.  Thank you for responding.  I was getting desperate.
You are more than welcome!  

Please do come back and let me know how it goes.  And if there is anything else, you know where to find us!

:)