my cat is salivating alot!!!!
hi, i was wondering if anyone had any idea whats up with her, usually when she sleeps there will be a small amount of drool but only a very small amound, recently however she has started to drool soooo much more even when she is awake, its constantly dripping from her mouth, when she yawns her tounge seem to have like a white coating on it.  she is showing no other symptoms,she is her usual lively playful self, any one any ideas?? this is pic of her by the way and she is 4 years old her name is lucy.
If there isn’t an obvious reason as to why she is drooling, then I’d take her to the vet. Sometimes, a cat will drool when it has problems in the mouth. So it could be oral or it could be some other issue in the body, like a neurologic condition.

I as thinking maybe she was nervous or on medication. But she isn’t. Has she always been this way? Does she have  a history of stomach problems or ANY other problems at all?

By the way, your calico is gorgeous!!!  Hi Lucy?!?!?!?!?!
thanks for your reply, i have looked in her mouth and can see nothing that could be causing her problems, she always did drool when she slept only a tiny amount though, she has no other medical problems we got her when she was only about 6 weeks old,  from a rescue center, she had been found badly beaten and her tail had been snapped in 2!!! it has healed really well but she has a little bend in it now!

i am taken her to the vet on wed to see if he knows whats causing it, she has no other signs or symptoms that may be wrong.

she would be a nervous cat, she doesnt like anyone but my husband and i in the house, with us she is the most lovable adorable little thing! i am always getting kisses, thats how i noticed how much drool she had!!!
Thank you! You've just given yourself the answer to your question. You mentioned Lucy was beaten up real bad, right? You need to mention this to your vet. According to what you're telling me, it could definitely be neurological!! The vet will have to look into that part of the brain. Maybe there is some trauma causing her to salivate.

Good Luck!
well, i had lucy goose at the vet, he doesnt think its anything neurological, he noticed that when i speak to her or pet her, she starts purring and headbutting me, then the saliva starts, so he thinks basically she gets so excited and happy at me giving her attention he starts drooling!!!! he said that if it gets worse or i notice anything else wrong with her to bring her back.
hahahahahaha your cat is just too loving LOL Well I'm glad nothing is wrong with her. In fact, everything is too right! LOL

I'm happy for you!

Take care of Lucy!