Cats Community
my cat pukes a lot

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

my cat pukes a lot

my cat has been puking a few times a day. i'm taking her to the vet, but it's been hard to the last few weeks. i just was wondering if anyone knows what it is. we're not feeding her anything different, and i clean her bowls regularly.

she did just turn 10, but she's very small for her age. she looks about a year. and she is extremely active.

one other thing, i'm fixing my basement, so there's a lot of drywall dust around the house. could this be the problem?
Hi there!!

Not sure if the drywall dust could cause your cat to vomit.  But some things that could cause her to vomit are an overactive thyroid, diabetes, kidney problems, and pancreatitis.  All these things are treatable but could become serious FAST if you don't get her seen by a vet.  

Have you noticed any other symptoms??  Like is she drinking and peeing more than usual??  Is her appetite still normal eventhough she is puking?   Also it's important to notice what the puke looks like.  Is it just food or is it foamy etc??  Some cats will overeat or eat too quickly and puke their food back up.  This happens a lot with dry food.  But if it's been going on for a few days and not getting better it is surely worth getting it checked into.  Cats can go downhill very quickly when they are sick.  And a lot of times by the time they are showing symptoms they are already in need of a vet.

I hope that your kitty is ok and that she gets better soon.  You posted this a few days ago so maybe you've already taken her to the vet.  Hope all is well !!