my cat tigger
the cat i took in a few years ago tigger decided to get fed somewhere else a few months ago, but hes come back and hes gone bald  on his bottom and back legs, ive de-flead him and wormed him, the scarbs are starting to go but he is stil going bald, anyone have any surgestions think hes cleaning to much to xx
Maybe give it time his diet may not have been good, if someone took him ,so he may need some vits, humm do they give cats vitamins? poor little feller,maybe a few cuddles will help ..hope he does okay .
I seem to recall if the lick excessively on a certain part of their upper back legs on the inner part, they might have a urinary tract infection and I also wonder with the back end if poor Tigger needs his anal sacs expressed.  You might want to take them to the vet and have them do a fecal flotation, etc., besides looking Tigger over.  

Our cat, Catalina, can overgroom when she is stressed or maybe at times out of boredom.  Giving lots of love, activity he enjoys, trying to avoid possible things in food and/or litter (if you use litter) the cat may be allergic to, and perhaps, like I do, adding a pinch of flaxseed meal to Tigger's food might help.  If none of this helps, andTigger is a short cat (unlike Catalina who has a long body), you might try a soft Elizabethan collar (if you are keeping Tigger indoors now) to try to allow time for the hair to grow back.
Oh- saw you wormed him, so skip the fecal flotation suggestion.  Also saw on another thread you had another pet recently die.  Even though they were enemies, I imagine it still could be source of stress for Tigger.
That was interesting Livinginhope what does flax seed meal do ,do they have vits for cats ?
Well, I got the idea after hearing an advertisement on the radio awhile back for dinovite.  I saw online the bottle was expensive and didn't want to spend that kind of money, but one of the things they list is omega fatty acids.  

Well, I take flaxseed oil capsules and have tried the meal before in pancakes myself, because I know flax oil is a source of omega fatty acids.  The omega fatty acids (the good ones) have anti-inflammatory properties.  And as an added bonus, they are supposed to help lift mood.  Of course, since freshwater fish has omega fatty acids in them too, giving the cat some of that kind of fish (if it doesn't have a bunch of bad stuff with it) could potentially help also.  Fish oil is supposed to be even better than flax for omega fatty acids.
well i have changed his diet, put hiim on royal canin feline care nutrition and iams, taking him and the rest of my cats off the wet food just incase, cant keep tigger in as he comes and goes as he pleases through the cat flap as he is a stray i have also been told to put skin eze cream on the affected areas and tee tree skin cream, god its had to put cream on a cat lmao, see how it all goes, it might be good to get all my cats onto the iams and royal canin, i have 7 all together but only 2 are offically mine, what can i say im a sucker for stray or abandoned cats xx
they do have vits for cats, i was down my local pet shop yesterday and they even have evening primrose for cats i was shocked as cats can have the same  
stresses as us xx
I'm so sorry to read that so many have been affected by this senseless cancer :(

My furbaby/love of my life, Monster, was a rescue cat when I got him 3 years ago. He had been severely mistreated/abused. He had a huge hernia from being kicked and lost 3/4s of his tail. This sweet creature was just desperate for love and affection.

I have only ever fed my baby holistic, organic, by-product/filler free foods.

In March of 2011 I took him to the vet's because he had a lump that was irregularly shaped and seemed to be growing. In my haste and total fear, I selected to have it removed and then biopsied.

The tumor was huge; the surgery lasted longer than anticipated and was across the majority of his back. However, he recovered like a champ and was just happy to be home with me. I found out that it was vaccine induced Fibrosarcoma :(

I immediately put him on holistic medicines. He was vibrant, happy and energetic.... like his old self.

In August I noticed that the tumor was growing inside of his hernia. Now the tumor is huge, there are little bumps all over his skin .... they tend to scab up. His eyes aren't as bright.... I'm really sad because all hope is gone and we are nearing the end.

Have any of you experienced these bumps? Please tell me, what am I to expect at this point? He seems happy, he is eating (albeit less), purrs and loves his "mommy time" with me.

Im grief stricken at the senseless of this cancer. I have never met a sweeter or more loving creature than my Monster!

Hi and welcome to you and Monster......how lucky of this little fella to have eventually found a loving parent and home, I just don't understand how some can treat such loving little creatures so horribly, it makes me ill.
And than a double blow to be stricken with VAS. I sure wish I knew what to tell you, I don't know alot of this terrible disease except the cause. Since Monster is still eating and acting normally I am hoping he has many more months of quality time to spend with you.
I will send you a link to a site that has many other members fighting this and will be better able to answer your questions....but be sure to come back anytime if we can be of any other help or if you just need to chat...all the best to little Monster((>^.^<))

http://www.felinelymphomacaregivers.org/cases.html
Opus,

Thank-you kindly for your feedback and kind words. I just realized, I've posted in the wrong section.... my apologies.

I will check out the link and repost in the Fibrosarcoma thread.

Monster appreciates the well wishes :)