raw patches
me and my boyfriend got our cat mister from a friend of a friend the original owner got to old to take care of him. I've come to notice that during the winter months he licks his back by his tail and his side back legs so bad that it bleeds and just is slimy looking. when it gets warm out again his fur grows back I don't notice it during the warmer months but that didn't mean he's not doing it. is there anything I can give him or put on the open spots
how old is Mister? Do his poops smell really bad? and what food do you have him on?
I can make several suggestions when you respond...
he's an older cat not sure how old like I said we got him from a friend of a friend not sure about his poop we have another cat and most the time they are both outdoor and he's on I think meow mix
good for you taking in this elderly kitty and loving him. I would really suggest a Vet check up and some blood work, as many things can go wrong with senior kitties, some that can easily be managed with a medication.

for starters tho I would really like to see you change his food, meow mix is one of the worst diets on the market....all dry foods can cause serious health problems, but if you must feed dry please at least try one of the grain free brands and I will suggest EVO. you have to buy this at a good pet supply shop b/c grocery stores do not sell the good brands.
skin problems can often be traced to food allergies and grains are one of the biggest culprits.

the Vet also needs to check his anal glands, in males they often need to be expressed.....
if his poops are really smelly that is a tell tail sign, however just his age and the fact that he is over licking his back end tells me he is feeling pain in that area of his body.

the excessive licking/grooming in the rear end area can also be a sign of hyperthyroidism....only a blood test will tell if this is the case.

try changing the food as this will be the easiest fix to start with. make changes slowly so not to cause a gi upset such as diarrhea. but I would really suggest your kitty see a Vet for more testing. good luck, post again if we can be of some help♥
thanks for the advice I do have a vet app. but they can't see him for about 2weeks they are so busy but will definitely try the cat food change to start cause don't want the other kitty to have the same problem