Cats Community
spayed cats

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

spayed cats

its the 3rd day after my cat has been spayed.
I seriously can't stop her from jumping on stuff. For example, the furniture. It's about 36 inches high. She also jumps on my bed and my chair. I am actually surprised that she is able to do that after surgery, cos wouldn't it be too painful or something? ive read that its dangerous for cats who have just gotten spayed to jump cos the stitches might break or internal bleeding may occur, but i just dont know how to stop her. I can't be watching her every minute of the day.

I can't even keep her in a cage because she drinks so much water that she keeps needing to pee. Ive tried keeping a box with a bit of her litter in it (i can't fit the "toilet" she usually uses), but she refuses to use it. Also its hard keeping her in there cos i have to give her food(she gets hungry so easily) and feed her medicine twice a day. Those are the times she would want to come out. Even if she doesn't come out of the cage at those times, thered be a time when she would call cos she needs to pee.

Im getting so stressed. I really dont know what to do with her.

My main problem is stopping her from jumping on the furniture.

HELP PLEASE
i wouln't be concerned...i've never stopped any of my females from doing what comes naturally....as long as they don't become overly rambunctious and break open the stitches...3 days now she should be over the critical stage of healing, don't cage her.
good luck, post more if you feel there are complications,
Hey, thanks :)
Also, at this stage would it be bad for her to lick her stitches? She licks her whole body but sometimes licks the shaved area a lot more. She doesn't try to bite it or anything, just licks it.
some licking is okay...as long as she doesn't over lick or bite and cause some irritation in the area or cause any stitches to become loose.
Watch for reddness....the area is healing and is itchy therefore she is soothing herself.
If area looks as though its healing properly don't worry. :)