swollen eye
My Cat Thomas, got into a cat fight recently and he must of caught a claw in the eye. the last few days his eye seemed to be getting worse by the hour. i immediately used NFZ Puffer for his eye to help fight infection, it seems as nothing i tried is working just a day ago i noticed a goose egg type bump by his cheek bone. later that day it burst leaving blood drops all over. i tended to it by putting some peroxide around the wound. today it seems like it has done nothing but swell up. his eye and his cheek look infected, Discharge all around it. i feel bad for the poor cat.. i can't afford to take him to the vet at the moment. (Notice) - This cat was a stray. i took him in because it seemed as if he had an owner and he just dropped the poor animal off somewhere. he is very loving just the sweetest little cat, looking for any suggestions? please help
well, were do I start? first of all I guess bless your dear heart for at least taking this poor little stray under your wing and trying...
however if his eyesight is to be saved you must find a way to pay for Vet care can you phone some clinics and plead for a monthly pay system or take the kitty to a shelter where they will look after his medical needs..

Your not using peroxide IN his eye I hope, only on the wound near the eye????

Im sorry I can't help more, when an eye has gotten as bad as you describe I don't think anything other than antibiotics are going to help...I think the eye infection has spread to include his cheek bone.

please take this kitty in for help. keep us posted....
thank you for your kindness, and no i'm using the peroxide near the eye, i did however call multiple clinics and even ACARF to see if they do payment plans, they do not.
   they said for me to take poor Thomas to the nearest animal gas chamber. which upset me, so i decided i'm going to keep tending to my kitties wounds and pray it heals, and if not at least i stood there with him knowing i was trying to help.

Thank you so much for your help much appreciated.
have you asked these clinics if at the least one would write out a prescription for an antibiotic for him, just by your description and not have to charge you for a clinic visit???? how did you obtain the NFZ? did you give it once a day for how long????

I know you mean real well, you have a kind soul....but there are times when its kinder to have an animal put down that to allow him to suffer, so please if this doesn't soon start improving you will have to take him in or bring him to a clinic and tell them he's a stray...maybe than they'd help???
starting tomorrow i will call clinics and ask if they could prescribe an antibiotic. i obtained the NFZ from from the vet about a year ago, had another stray cat that i took it and it became a family cat, his eye was just a little swollen nothing a little medicine couldn't fix.
   with my cat thomas its a bigger problem, so i'm going to keep putting the NFZ on his eye.. once a day every day and add some neosporin at night time. thanks again
nix the neosporin, don't put that stuff anywhere near a cat!!!!........cats lick and ingest anything you put on them and its full of nasty stuff not meant to be ingested....
good luck with the calls:))
My cat has been having eye issues and i also cant come up with the money for those visits. However my vet accepts care credit (gecapital) it is to be used for medical use only,but you can use it for yourself as well. They give you a year to pay off each transacton w/o finance charges. I have made sure to make those payments by spliting the payment in the month. It sure has helped.