Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Accidently ate gluten, trying to vomit, can't. HELP
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Accidently ate gluten, trying to vomit, can't. HELP

I can never make myself vomit.  Only a migraine or when my gallbladder was full of stones made me vomit.  I drank salt water, but now I just have a belly full of salt water and I don't know what to do!  It has been about an hour since I accidentally ate gluten pasta (roommate wasn't thinking and mixed his pasta with a gluten-free meal and stuck it back in fridge!  Grrr!).

Do you think the salt water has at least stopped the food from passing into my intestines, and maybe it is stuck in my stomach with the salt water?  How can I vomit??  No ipicac in house.  Or peroxide.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
681148_tn?1285160820
If you have confirmed Celiac, call your GI and ask for proper advice from his on call services.
Blank
1702652_tn?1384797127
Really there isn't much you can do. I have been diagnosed with celiac disease for 5 years. Every once in awhile something will happen and I accidentally eat something with gluten in it. I have never known anything that you could do accept try your best to be more careful or go to the doctor and tell them what happened but they are probably going to say the same thing I am saying. I wish you the best of luck on the gluten free diet.
Blank
1702652_tn?1384797127
Really there isn't much you can do. I have been diagnosed with celiac disease for 5 years. Every once in awhile something will happen and I accidentally eat something with gluten in it. I have never known anything that you could do accept try your best to be more careful or go to the doctor and tell them what happened but they are probably going to say the same thing I am saying. I wish you the best of luck on the gluten free diet. Sorry my first post I accidently sent it to the wrong person.
Blank
681148_tn?1285160820
Don't worry about it.  What you said is what I actually thought, but since I wasn't sure, it seemed best to just say to ask for advice from someone who knows more than I do.  I can say, as I am gluten free for a number of years now, that going gluten free does actually get easier..  I'm still not sure if I actually have Celiac or not myself, but I definitely have gluten intolerance.  So, I thought it was best to allow for someone who knows more than I do to at least confirm what I thought.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...