Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Blue Bruised Looking Skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Blue Bruised Looking Skin

First, I am a very fair skin person.  I have never tanned, and I always wear sunblock if I am to be in the sun for any amount of time.  I've been burnt as a child, but only a couple of times (before sunblock's importance was known).  

My question is, "Why are the back of my arms blotched to the site, not touch, it appears to be under the skin?  It is almost like a continuous bruise running up and down the back of each arm.  It reminds me of when you have poor oxygen levels and your lips turn blue or if you are really cold and you turn blue, but neither of these are my cases.

Thanks in advance for your help!