Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Can Celiac Disease cause swollen glands?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Hi there. I'm almost 22 and have had a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck for almost a year now. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease about 5 years ago now and have been on the diet since. Like many others I'm sure, I have occasionally had times when I ate things that were not following the diet however I feel that most of the time I'm pretty careful unless I'm eating something I'm not aware of that contains gluten.

*I was wondering if it is common for swollen lymph nodes appear after you have been gluten free for a while?

I also have a history of sinusitis so I know that could play into it as well however through herbal remedies and claritin D I have been able to be sinus infection free for about 7 months and the lymph node has not reduced. My doctor and family seems quite unalarmed by this as well as the oncologist I saw but after a year I am seriously starting to wonder however I don't want to go through a painful biopsy if it's unnecessary.
Thanks for your time and help!  : )