Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Celiac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Celiac

OK, I have been gluten free for almost 5 years. I am very careful on what I eat and I use gluten free makeup, shampoo, and etc. My blood work is not coming down. The IGA was really high, came down to 32 then came down to 27 last Aug and now is back up to 29. Just had another endoscope and the gut looks good. Any help on why this is. Oh and I feel like crap-nausea, bloating, back pains-since Oct and all the time. Doctors can't seem to place it and I am so sick of being sick. That is rate I might as well go back to eating wheat!!
How did your small intestine look in the scope--and did they take biopsies?    What is the normal range in the tests you are having done?

No chance of cross-contamination with others in the household?

My small intestine looks good and they did a current biopsies all is good. There is no cross-contamination in the house. I am very sensitve to gluten and the smallest amount will make me VERY sick. I even have my 5 year old train to what is mom's and if you try to use mine, he will tell you. LOL