Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Coeliac Disease and Chest Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coeliac Disease and Chest Pain

Hello, I was diagnosed with Coeliac disease seven years and have successfully followed a gluten free diet ever since.But before this diagnosis it was thought that I had irritable bowel syndrome which is vague. Later, I got               severe chest pain and initially the doctors thought I had a heart attack.But blood tests and an angiogram ruled that out. No explanation was ever given to me regarding the chest pain. What  caused it was a mystery to me until I discovered that Anemia causes chest pain. I was anemic due to lack of iron, haemoglobin and oxygen= chest pain. Would anyone know if this diagnosis is medically sound or not. Its just my own rationalisation. Thanks.