Confirmed Celiac Disease
Hi Everyone,

After months of confusion and asking questions on several different forums, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease.  Initially, in Oct, my primary suggested that I avoid gluten and see a specialist.  However, the specialist ordered the usually battery of test and told me to eat normally. I have the symptomatic and the genetic confirmation.  Now a decision as to embark on the all or nothing diet or not has to be made.  

I was expecting to be diagnosed with IBS instead of something so life style altering.

I'm sorry that you received the dx of Celiac but if you are going to have an auto-immune disease the Celiac is the best one to have.  By living a gluten free lifestyle you will feel so much better than you do know.  Many people say that they never knew how bad they really felt until they went gluten free and actually felt better than they every have their entire life.  There are so many gluten free products that are coming out no that you really can eat anything - Betty Crocker has gluten free cakes, cookies, and brownings, CHEX cereal has 3 types of gluten free cereal; a lot of resturaunts are getting on board and have gluten free items...even pizza.  I urge you that if you have been diagnosed with Celiac which is a very serious auto-immune disease that you go gluten free otherwise you can acquire many diseases and conditions from Celiac that you will have the rest of your life including cancer.  Anytime you ingest gluten your body is attacking itself and you could at any time acquire another disease.  Also, auto-immune diseases tend to cluster so if you have been diagnosed with one you are more likely to acquire another so it is very important that you get educated on Celiac Disease and do what you need to do to be healthy.  
Good Luck and it's not that bad living gluten free....it's better than being sick all the time!