Coughing and Gagging After Eating
For the past 3 weeks, about half the times I have eaten I have coughed and gagged for a few minutes. I get a feeling in my throat that makes me want to cough. I cough so hard that I gag and feel like I can't breathe. It all started back when I had a virus (100.4 degree temperature, migraines that wouldn't go away with pain meds, and the coughing/gagging). The other two symptoms have gone away, but I still cough and gag after eating. I have had episodes recently after eating at Chipotle (white rice, pinto beans, pico de gallo, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, corn), having 1/4 muffin with orange juice, and, on a separate occasion having baked beans with cheese and a hotdog.

I saw my primary doctor yesterday. She put me on Prevacid 20mg for 2 weeks because she thinks it might be acid reflux. My mom does have Barrett's syndrome (a type of gastroesophageal reflux disease). However, my mom didn't have issues with it until she was 45 and I am 21. I feel like it can't be acid reflux because I start coughing and gagging right after eating, so I don't think acid reflux would start that quickly. The doctor also sent me for blood work. I asked her to refer me to an allergist, but she said this has nothing to do with allergies. I thought maybe it could be an allergy to artificial sweetner. Off and on for years I have been getting an itchy throat and cough after eating candy and gum. Someone told me it might be celiac disease. Does anyone have any ideas on what this all could be?
I think it is from your illness, just leftover irritation.  Try gargling with salt water to try to reduce any swelling.  Avoid dairy for a while and see if that helps.  
ASK YOUR DOCTOR TO TEST YOU FOR H PYLORI.  ITS VERY COMMONLY CONFUSED WITH ALLERGY SYMPTOMS AND SIMILAR SYMPTOMS TO WHAT YOU DESCRIBE
H Pylori causes ulcers.  The gagging sounds to me like esophageal spasms. Or it could be achalacia... (spelling?) inability to swallow.  Dicyclomine is an antispasmodic that works very well on esophageal spasms.  It works even when you are having the coughing spell - within seconds.   I keep mine handy although it's been about a year since I had a spell.   It is also prescribed for Irritable Bowel Syndrome - stopping the pain very quickly.
age has nothing to do with developing reflux.  one of my children was born with a hiatal hernia and she had such severe reflux she had to have a fundoplication just before she turned 10 months old.  

I had twins when I was 28, and must have developed a hiatal hernia--I hav been suffering with severe reflux ever since--I have had to have my esophagus dilated 4 times.  I have trouble swallowing food sometimes--when it gets stuck it causes horrible pain.  I have developed a condition called eosinophilic esophagitis, which my GI feels is secondary to my reflux.  I have to swallow a steroid to try and get the inflammation and allergy cells down, hopefully I will be able to get my esophagus in good enough condition and then will be able to have a fundo done myself.

esophageal spasm can be caused by relux.  i can get reflux symptoms as I am swallowing my food--so they can come on very quickly.

I think it would probably be a really good idea for you to see  GI specialist.