Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Dermatitis Herpetiformis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dermatitis Herpetiformis

I have just started a course of Dapsone (50mg) per day to control a DH outbreak on my chest & back. the first in 5 years since my diagnoses. I had the DH for about 4wks before I started dapsone & am having a blood check this weekend. I have been DH  for 5 years and I think I absorbed wheat via coated fries in a restaurant. Does DH take this long to clear? It is now beginning to abate, but I still have red blotches and some irritation& dry skin which I treat with Cetaphil. I reluctant to stay on Dapsone for the long term  due to some of the side effects. What is your opinion ? Thanks