Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Dermatitis Herpetiformis

I have just started a course of Dapsone (50mg) per day to control a DH outbreak on my chest & back. the first in 5 years since my diagnoses. I had the DH for about 4wks before I started dapsone & am having a blood check this weekend. I have been DH  for 5 years and I think I absorbed wheat via coated fries in a restaurant. Does DH take this long to clear? It is now beginning to abate, but I still have red blotches and some irritation& dry skin which I treat with Cetaphil. I reluctant to stay on Dapsone for the long term  due to some of the side effects. What is your opinion ? Thanks
Try Burt's Bees Hand Repair Creme. It is the best think I have EVER used on my skin. It is even better than the prescriptions.

Also, avoid things that will irritate the skin like fragrances and other chemicals in personal care products.