Does anyone know about the GAPS diet?
I have a bad case of Celiac Disease and I have had IBS for years now. I was looking into the GAPS diet, as it is supposedly known to cure autoimmune disorders, and I am thouroughly confused about it. I don't get what you are supposed to do. I know what foods you eat, but the website doesn't explain how long you stay on each stage of the diet, when you introduce certin foods, and things like that. Does anyone know and wish to help me? Please and thank you!
I suggest you order the book : Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottschall. It will give all the pertinent info and more!
You can research, however, I do not think the website gives you the complete SCD protocol
Following to the  "t" will give you back your life. It did for my daughter.
Make sure you join  forums related to your conditions.
You need support to endure the strict diet, but probably not as tough as going through your symptoms and suffering.
Hope this helps
Nikodicreta
Thank you so much! I will do that
My whole family went on GAPS/SCD because of Crohn's disease.  It's not really a "diet" because you can eat as much as you want of really delicious foods.  You can find a lot of the details on line, just google GAPS diet and Specific Carbohydrate Diet.  The GAPS protocol is version 2.0 of SCD.  The GAPS book is much more complete and very well written, it's really worth buying.  It will amaze you!  The Crohn's takes  a long time to cure, probably 2 years, they say, but after 3 months there is already a lot of progress (D 10 times a day, down to 2 a day).  There is almost immediate relief when you go on the Intro diet which is basically "eat homemade chicken soup all day".  Good luck and keep us posted!