Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Elevated Gliadin IgG?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Elevated Gliadin IgG?

Hi,
I am a 42 yo woman with hypothyroidism, anxiety, and occasional IBS symptoms which I attribute to stress.

My blood test results are as follows:
Endomysial IgA autoabs             negative
My transglutaminase IgA and IgG autoabs were normal.   Gliadin IgA AB was also normal.
Gliadin IgG AB                           249.8     (normal is under 45)

Could celiac cause an elevation only in IgG?  What else would cause such a high elevation?  Thanks.
Related Discussions
You may want to read though this: http://www.celiac.com/articles/57/1/Interpretation-of-Celiac-Disease-Blood-Test-Results/Page1.html

It's possible the IgG could be due to something other than celiac, however you didn't have your total IgA measured and that's an important parameter since the blood test for celiac isn't that 'great' a test. A lot of people with celiac can have perfectly normal blood tests and not find out they have the problem until years later.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...