Aa
A
A
Close
Endoscopy for GERD, would it cover Celiac as well?
About a year ago I had an endoscopy done for GERD. (Turns out I didn't have a hiatal hernia and the symptoms of GERD cleared up soon after.) They performed a biopsy, but it came back negative as far as I know. Would that biopsy cover testing for Celiac?

The reason I ask is that for the last couple of years I've noticed a significant increase in the number of times (at points, once or twice a day, almost always after lunch) that I will have loose, watery stool. I don't think it smells, but it certainly isn't the kind of thick BM I feel like I used to get more frequently. Very first thing in the morning, I tend to have a more normal BM, though it too doesn't seem to be quite as congealed (though it's much more normal-looking than the afternoon one). Almost all of my BMs these days are a light tan color. Rarely dark. It never occurred to me until recently that this might be a problem. Because it's not particularly painful, and nothing smells particularly off. I always just assumed it was because I tend to over-eat at lunch because I find my stomach is sensitive in the morning so I won't eat much then.

Do you think these are warning signs for something more serious?

Many thanks for any help!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It would only cover celiac if the biopsy were taken from the duodenum and the doc had requested that the pathologist rule in/out the possibility of celiac. Otherwise, no.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community Resources