Esophageal Dysmotility help
My mom is elderly some years ago we were told her esophagus wasn't working full strenght and she was put on a medication for it to help.  She had to take it a 1/2 hr prior to a meal.  She seemed to be doing ok when suddenly, literally overnight it seems, while in hospital she aspirated something in the night. I found it hard to believe but she ended up with fluid on her lung and in intensive care for a few days.  At this point in time the doctors diagnosed her with esophageal dysmotility and told us she must remain on a strictly liquid diet for the rest of her life.  She is having a very difficult time with this kind of diet.  She has no will to eat any more and we don't need her losing any more weight.  I find it hard to believe that she was eating a cornish hen, stuffing, veggies one day and the next day she's not to eat anything unless it's a liquid.  What I need is help with her liquid diet.  And maybe some mental health help as well as she's having a real problem with dealing with this diet.  We're in Toronto Ontario so if anyone knows of any support group or dietician that covers this kind of thing I would appreciate it.  She also has arrhythmias and Ehlers Danlos, the latter they tell me is the cause of the esophageal dysmotility.
Get her some counseling to get her over her disinterest and disgust with this very hard issue. The choice is hers to LIVE happily or die miserably. We all have issues we cannot avoid or dismiss, but her outlook and persective has somehow got to be re-evaluated. Stay positive :)
This I know.  This she knows.  It's difficult however, especially when you live with others and they eat normally.  The fact she needs counselling isn't the question, she even realizes this.  What I was asking was if anyone knew of any support groups in the Toronto area that she could attend.  
My wife has no peristalsis in her lower esophageal. None! She can't eat very much at time, but she eats what she wants. She has to eat sitting up and make sure she chews her food very fine.