Aa
A
A
Close
Gluten intolerance, costant hunger?
Hello. I do not have Celiac but I feel like I could maybe have a gluten intolerance because I've had so many mysterious symptoms without a diagnosis. I was wondering if anyone deals with constant hunger (or did before going gluten-free)? I haven't been diagnosed and I had the blood work for celiac disease but I have symptoms that mimic hypoglycemia (I get really lightheaded if I don't eat at least every 2 hours, I get lightheaded after eating) and I haven't been able to figure it out! It's not even really hunger, before I feel hungry I will feel lightheaded. I thought it was just anxiety but someone told me they were the same and they felt better when they cut out gluten. I have also had a lot of nausea and general malaise in addition to these symptoms.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have symptoms similar to those, but I don't feel hungry--I can feel my blood sugar dropping and have to almost force myself to eat so my blood sugar won't get too low.

I have central hypothyroidism, which is a rare form of hypopituitarism and part of this condition for me is secondary adrenal insufficiency---which controls your blood sugar---now I know why I have struggled with low blood sugar for so many years!!

When I was first put on hydrocortison, my fasting blood sugar levels were high--but they evened out over time.

Just something to consider.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community Resources