Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Gluten intolerance, costant hunger?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gluten intolerance, costant hunger?

Hello. I do not have Celiac but I feel like I could maybe have a gluten intolerance because I've had so many mysterious symptoms without a diagnosis. I was wondering if anyone deals with constant hunger (or did before going gluten-free)? I haven't been diagnosed and I had the blood work for celiac disease but I have symptoms that mimic hypoglycemia (I get really lightheaded if I don't eat at least every 2 hours, I get lightheaded after eating) and I haven't been able to figure it out! It's not even really hunger, before I feel hungry I will feel lightheaded. I thought it was just anxiety but someone told me they were the same and they felt better when they cut out gluten. I have also had a lot of nausea and general malaise in addition to these symptoms.
I have symptoms similar to those, but I don't feel hungry--I can feel my blood sugar dropping and have to almost force myself to eat so my blood sugar won't get too low.

I have central hypothyroidism, which is a rare form of hypopituitarism and part of this condition for me is secondary adrenal insufficiency---which controls your blood sugar---now I know why I have struggled with low blood sugar for so many years!!

When I was first put on hydrocortison, my fasting blood sugar levels were high--but they evened out over time.

Just something to consider.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank