Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
Gluten intolerant, now suddenly lactose intolerant during pregnancy?
Hi everyone,
After visiting a gazillion doctors, I finally received a diagnosis of "non-celiac gluten intolerance". It has been about a year since being gluten free (well, I do use the same toaster for my gluten-free toast that my family uses for regular toast, but I'm 99% gluten-free). I've felt soooo much better!

Now I'm in my 23rd week of pregnancy (my third child - the gluten intolerance started during my second pregnancy).

Suddenly I've been getting horrible stomach cramps and sort-of-diarrhea (I'm also taking iron supplements which is making the stool hard, but it feels like diarrhea... does that make sense?) when I eat any milk products.
I had a caffe latte this morning (which has milk in it) but didn't feel bad. But later on I ate yoghurt and cottage cheese and almost immediately had to run to the bathroom and then lie down afterwards.
This has been going on for a few days.
Now, it could just be a stomach virus, but I find it wierd that it only happens with dairy.  When I eat other things (gluten-free and dairy-free) I feel fine.

Has anyone heard of suddenly becoming lactose intolerant???

I guess I'll have to wait a while longer to see if this goes away... Any advice would be appreciated!
thanks.
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I forgot to add something: I also have had a lot of mucus in the stools. Sometimes JUST mucus.

Could I be being glutened? Or is this a symptom of lactose intolerance? Or something else perhaps?

Thanks again..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank