Having some strange bowel issues and mental fog- candidas, bacteria, virus?
Hi everyone,

20 year old, fit male who up until a month and a half ago was generally healthy.
I had a typical cold (head-ache, cough, phlegm) which I was just beginning to recover from, but then had 3 nights in a different city with very heavy drinking and partying.

A day or two after this weekend I had a bout of diarrhea for 24 hours, and for the next week and a half was producing green stool, thin stool and broken stool. Along with this grumbling stomach I was very fatigued and 'brain-fogged'. After this week and a half I appeared to return to normal, however still a little bit foggy for 2 weeks.

A week and a half ago, 2 nights after some casual drinking, I had another bout of diarrhea for 24 hours and have now followed the same pattern for a 11 days of strange bowel movements and general fatigue and disconnectedness mentally.

I believe the mental disconnection is due to the bowel issues... could this be possible?

Has anyone experienced something similar? Is it possible I have a viral infection that has just come back twice? What could possibly last for 12 or so days at a time? Parasite?

Stool sample came back clear.

A virus can't be ruled out, but you seem to think it more.  I'd have a good a good food allergist check you for intolerances.
You didn't say what it was you drank.  You may possibly have become allergic to whatever alcoholic drink you indulged in.  Beer has so many ingredients - and other alcoholic drinks contain grains - allergies can happen over night.  And yes, diarrhea can cause some confusion - but so can parasites.  You may have picked up something in the water in a strange city.  Try changing to filtered or bottled water for a while also.  You may want to detox your liver as well.