Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
How long after eating gluten does the bloating stop?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long after eating gluten does the bloating stop?

I am not sure if I am Celiac- forgive me, i couldn't find a board for a wheat intolerance.  I have trouble digesting wheat (tons of gas and bloating) and similar issues with corn and other starches, but it's mostly bad with wheat.  I also have IBS (wonderful!)  The only carbs I can eat without trouble are fruit, sweet potatoes, and the occasional pudding cup/jello as long as it is gluten free.

Anyway, I had a bit of a binge over the weekend and ate some candy and chips which definitely had wheat in them.  I feel pretty stupid, but anyway I was wondering in your experience, after doing something like that, how long before the bloating and digestive problems go back to normal?
1100598_tn?1413131026
For me, if I eat gluten it usually takes about 4-7 days to feel better.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank